LOW carb and HIGH protein...

Options
What are your favorite go-to LOW carb and HIGH protein meals/snacks.....and GO...... (thanks in advance).

Replies

• amsbabs
    amsbabs Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I used to say a protein shake made with greek yogurt but I'm a new convert as of this morning. 3 pieces of hillshire farms ultra thin turkey breast line a muffin pan, pour in egg whites, cook at 400 for 23 minutes, top with sargento thin slice mild cheddar and bake for another 5. I used a cup of egg whites. 250 calories. 39 g protein, 3 carbs. I used a wilton's mini loaf pan to make a few of these at one time. 1 of these and an apple have me still feeling full hours later. Oh and you can add veggies to this. I put in some tomato but plan on adding spinach next time.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    chicken
  • amf0324
    amf0324 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Daisy low fat cottage cheese
    Tuna salad with light mayo, relish, celery
    Deli meats
    And of course... chicken.
  • mspiggy1178
    mspiggy1178 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    amsbabs wrote: »
    I used to say a protein shake made with greek yogurt but I'm a new convert as of this morning. 3 pieces of hillshire farms ultra thin turkey breast line a muffin pan, pour in egg whites, cook at 400 for 23 minutes, top with sargento thin slice mild cheddar and bake for another 5. I used a cup of egg whites. 250 calories. 39 g protein, 3 carbs. I used a wilton's mini loaf pan to make a few of these at one time. 1 of these and an apple have me still feeling full hours later. Oh and you can add veggies to this. I put in some tomato but plan on adding spinach next time.

This is such an awesome idea. I am just starting a high protein, low carb regimen and this is great for breakfast (trying to get away from my old standard fried egg sandwich on 2 slices of bread).

I find myself eating more boiled egg whites as a snack and lots of chicken. My favorite meal right now is tomato basil chicken over a bed of raw spinach. I've been experimenting with different seasonings and laying my chicken over my favorite steamed or raw veggies (instead of rice and pastas).

I'm looking forward to seeing more amazing ideas.

• kellys1984
    kellys1984 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    amsbabs wrote: »

I am sooo making this!!!
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Beef stroganoff in a slow cooker (made from scratch or there is a flavor packet) subbing sour cream with 0% fat greek yogurt. Yum! The egg noodles are subbed with Shirataki noodles (2 servings are 8g carb and 4g protein). :D
  • livehealthier1
    livehealthier1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    low carb...baked sweet potato nothing on it,blueberries,strawberries, spinach
    high protein..chicken, fish,greek yogurt, quinoa,egg whites
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    MEAT
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Snacks: Babybel light mini cheeses, string cheese, hard boiled eggs, deli meat roll ups.

Meals: Protein supplements (meal replacement protein powder/bars); white fish, salmon, scrambled eggs, steak and lean hamburger.
  • MommaSarabear
    MommaSarabear Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Chilli