Mommies!

Options
33yr old new mom to 2 month old second child. Have about 80-90 lbs to lose but my first goal is 50.

Before I got pregnant this time I had not lost weight from my first and had just started working out on the treadmill and eating healthier. I was able to lose only about 15lbs before I got pregnant and then became so sick I gave up working out and stuck only to light walking the dog during my pregnancy.

Just hit the treadmill for the first time and holy cow, talk about a long journey to go. Guess I gotta start somewhere, no giving up!

Looking for other moms working to lose all this baby weight (and then some)! Sick of being the fat mom, I wanna take my kids to the beach and wear shorts!

Replies

• skinnybytch
    Options
    I can totally relate to you about gaining weight with my first. I gained 60 lbs with him & I am so mad that I didn't lose it all before I got pregnant with my second. I am currently 4 months pregnant and so mad that I am so big with 5 more months to go before I can really work hard to lose it! I have gained only 7 lbs this pregnancy so far but I am hoping to use this app to control my weight gain during the pregnancy or maybe even lose a little fat while still eating enough for my baby. I want to try to use the treadmill this time around too, and I hope to lose it all after I give birth! You can do it! I hate being the fat one, I was a lot thinner before my first pregnancy and I am so miserable being unhealthy. I hope we both can lose it and wear a bikini on the beach with our kids
  • usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hi! New(ish) mom here. I have a nine month old at home and while I only gained 18 pound during the pregnancy, I have put on much more since returning to work. I am trying to lose 60+ pounds but set my goals smaller to have "mini" success. Hopefully we will all lose the weight we want and have lots of fun with our child(ren).
    +
  • shrinkingtina
    shrinkingtina Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I am a 33yr old mom of 2 but I babysit 3 other kids. I'm so in love with this thread. I feel the same way except my youngest is now 4 1/2. I'm so sick of being "fat" and want to be active with my kids. I'd like to go shopping and not have to worry if something comes in PLUS sizes. I was a myfitnesspal member years ago and had amazing success with it. So Here I am back and ready to do this for the long haul. I'm sick of starting over!
  • sammielouise071
    sammielouise071 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a mummy to a 8month old LG .
    I have lost the majority of my baby weight but have 8lbs to go with a view at losing more depending on how I feel when I get to my first goal .
    Xxx
  • nataliermickelson
    Options
    I'm also looking to FINALLY get rid of that last baby weight. After the third pregnancy things have just not returned to normal and I'm fed up! I'm loving keeping track of calories on the My Fitness APP. I've also started doing some YouTube videos at home I really enjoy the Jillian Michaels circuits, they seriously kick my butt! Love getting a good workout in for free at home. My problem: staying motivated at naptime when I should be doing my workouts instead of napping myself!
  • Amandaleon92
    Options
    Momma to a 4yr old boy. I didn't have a weight issue until after I had him. Only gained 20 pounds, but now I'm at the same weight I was when I gave birth! I work 9hrs a day so energy is the last thing I have at the ens of the day to work out. Trying to lose 20 for my short goal, but I'd love to lose 35 total.
  • my_jennaration
    my_jennaration Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Any single moms here? I'm a single mom of a 19 mo. old. I was able to loose most of the weight I gained bc of breastfeeding. But I really want to get toned and fit again. The problem I am having is finding TIME.. With it being too cold to put her in the stroller and run I am trying to do videos, but she is all over the place (mainly climbing on me) any ideas on how to include her or find ways around it?
  • lepow
    lepow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Any single moms here? I'm a single mom of a 19 mo. old. I was able to loose most of the weight I gained bc of breastfeeding. But I really want to get toned and fit again. The problem I am having is finding TIME.. With it being too cold to put her in the stroller and run I am trying to do videos, but she is all over the place (mainly climbing on me) any ideas on how to include her or find ways around it?

I'm a single mom to a 19-month-old as well! I was on my weight-loss journey when I first got pregnant. I had lost 40 lbs, got pregnant and gained 40 lbs, and am now back to my pre-preg weight, but I still have about 50 to lose! I find the best time to work out, honestly, is after she goes to bed. I just do Jillian Michaels videos on YouTube around 8 pm every night. It's tough, and I try to talk myself out of it every time, but so far I've been doing well.

I also like to dance with her. She loves to dance, and I love to shake my booty. So, it works out well. It's not an "official" work out, but we both enjoy. She also likes to do squats with me haha.