Introduction time, eh?

bearly_ruth
bearly_ruth Posts: 6
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
Okay. Here I am! 50+ yrs old and always struggled with weight. The only time I've been successful in losing weight--seriously--is when I was pregnant with both sons!!! From the day I found out I was pregnant with my first to the day before I delivered him, I gained 5 lbs--with my second son, I gained 3 lbs. I had gestational diabetes and gall bladder/liver issues, so I couldn't eat sugar, carbs, fat, fake sugar, etc. I was extraordinarily disciplined so protect my babies, but once they were born, all bets were off!!! I'm a self-professed choc-a-holic. I joined myfitnesspal on the advice of a friend who's looking FABULOUS now that she's been a member for a while. Now my husband and I have joined and are having a blast entering our foods and exercise and laughing about typos and selections and just generally having fun together as we fight this battle together. Wish us luck!

Replies

• runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Chocolate has been my major vice, too! I realized about two weeks ago that I couldn't go more than 24 hours without some sort of chocolate, so I decided to cut it out of my diet entirely, at least for now. So far, it's worked! I'm on Day 12 of tracking and exercising, I haven't had so much as a lick of chocolate or candy or soda or any of that stuff, and I've lost 3 pounds. You can do it! Joining up and counting calories are the first step. Good luck!
  • brenda_71
    brenda_71 Posts: 151
    Best of luck to you both!! :) That's great that you're doing it together. That will make a big differance!!
  • Best of Luck!!! Im new on here aswell!
  • Thanks for your encouragement. So far, I'm at 13 lbs. lost and he's at 6, I think. Still fighting the chocolate/sweet cravings. It's SO HARD walking past that candy aisle!!
This discussion has been closed.