my worst fear.*guilty*

Options
hi everyone,i`ve just eated 10 pieces of chocolate(before bed) and half of me feels good,half of me feels like tomorrow i`ll wake up and i`ll be 3 kg fatter.It` s that even possibile? i feel bad,what i suppose to do tomorrow? i always feel fatter and fatter with every piece of sugar that i eat .But i keep eating ,oh no.

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Every day is a new day fresh.

Brainstorm how you might approach a similar situation next time. What might you do differently? I await with bated breath.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    1. Sugar does not make you fat. Excess calories does.

2. The timing of your meals, no matter what it is you eat, also has no bearing on weight gain or loss.

3. It is not possible to gain several pounds of fat from a couple pieces of chocolate. It can't happen.

4. What you do tomorrow: Nothing. Keep your normal routine as if nothing happened, and it will all even out. You can't get fat from one day, just like you can't get fit by eating just one salad.

Learn from this, practice moderation, maybe don't keep chocolate in the house for a while until you learn to control urges a little better. In the long run, though, you will be fine.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I doubt 10 pieces of chocolate has enough calories to even make you gain 1kg.

3kg is what 6.6lbs....thats approx 23100 calories over maintenance

I eat chocolate. I had a 3 muskateers bar the other day as a morning snack.
    I had Mcdonalds before bed. The scale showed a 0.6lb gain today, but I'm fully aware its from all the sodium in the food I ate. It won't stick around.
  • cacamanonetwothree
    Options
    You have just eated
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You have just eated

Since she's also talking about kilograms, I'm going to assume English is not her native language.

3kg? No. Maybe one, due to water? It's possible. Tomorrow, just pick up where you should be. If you have chocolate left, maybe give it to someone so that you aren't tempted to eat it again if you aren't able to control it.
  • karlsantiago
    karlsantiago Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i've lost wait eating glazed donuts and mcdonalds..my goal one day is to be sponsored by mcdonalds no joke. my idea on food is that it is fuel...no matter what it is, you just have to work out harder to burn the better tasting foods ;)
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options

2. The timing of your meals, no matter what it is you eat, also has no bearing on weight gain or loss.

3. It is not possible to gain several pounds of fat from a couple pieces of chocolate. It can't happen.

4. What you do tomorrow: Nothing. Keep your normal routine as if nothing happened, and it will all even out. You can't get fat from one day, just like you can't get fit by eating just one salad.

Learn from this, practice moderation, maybe don't keep chocolate in the house for a while until you learn to control urges a little better. In the long run, though, you will be fine.

I love what you said, exactly what I need every time I overeat (though I shouldn't do that often hahaha)

There isn't time to feel guilty anymore when you've already eaten it. Just feel happy from all the chocolatey goodness inside your tummy and make it a learning experience. :-)
  • hellensevenfold
    hellensevenfold Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    yes indeed,english is not my native language,i make mistakes,but you got the ideea .
    Thanks guys for "support".
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    hi! where are you from?

when you eat an excess of sugar it might make you gain water weight. it does for me. i sometimes gain 2 lbs the next day - but it is gone 2 days after that. don't worry about it. get on track with your next meal and move on.
  • hellensevenfold
    hellensevenfold Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    mykaylis wrote: »
    hi! where are you from?

when you eat an excess of sugar it might make you gain water weight. it does for me. i sometimes gain 2 lbs the next day - but it is gone 2 days after that. don't worry about it. get on track with your next meal and move on.
    i`m from romania,europe . thanks :)
  • alankie
    alankie Posts: 19
    Options

Love how you broke this down and gave great words of wisdom!