don't go for a McDonald's..

Options
so far I'v been managing to keep up with all my calories, except one Saturday when I decided to have double plain burger and chocolate milkshake from McDonald's.. a small 500 calories over, damn..
I know I cannot eat this all the time, but is there any other enjoyable food I can actualy eat while In town?

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Did you enjoy it? Was it delicious? Did you log it? Good!! Don't freak out. Next time you want McDonald's, pre log it so it's already included in your day. :)
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...I usually do 3 McDoubles no bun and the Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad.
  • beastcompany
    beastcompany Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    One day of the week off of your diet isn't going to hurt your results. Eat the McDonalds, it's fine.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I like a McDonald's burger once in a while, too. I can always make a double cheeseburger fit my day's calories, but not the burger AND a shake in the same trip. So I pick just one (burger always wins, lol), and I drink water, unsweetened tea or Diet Coke.
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Yeah.... its not health food by any means, but if it fits in your budget, feel free!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Get an ice cream cone instead of a shake.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    You can eat McDonalds and stay in a calorie deficit/lose weight. Just try to plan for it.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I look at my calorie intake on weekly basis rather than a daily one. I usually have calories "leftover" by Friday and therefore feel zero guilt for the pizza I consume :) Really though, you'll be fine. You can't cut everything out. Eat what you want, log it, and exercise.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I would personally never use the words "enjoyable" and McDonald's in the same sentence. That's not food...it's slop. Even when I was fat I could never understand why anyone would choose to eat that stuff on a regular basis...it does not taste good...and those aren't burgers.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Quarterpounder meal is my poison of choice, from mcds - I fit it in my day quite regularly.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I've fit McDonalds in my day no problem. I like the Southwest Chicken sandwich usually. Or a cheeseburger and I MUST have some of those fries!!
  • shortntall1
    shortntall1 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I only get the grilled chicken southwest salad now..Quarter pounder was my weakness..with a calorie allotment of between 1300-1400 a day, a quarter pounder meal is too rich. I miss the fries..havent had any since last March.
  • animejennie
    animejennie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you can budget for it, then enjoy it every now and then. Vanilla cones always call my name in the summer time.
  • Kmbrin7656
    Options
    If I had to eat in town I usually go for a 6" sub at subway, water but no chips. They also have some of the calorie info in the restaurant. And it is better that McDonald's and better tasting and I always feel more satisfied.
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I been wanting some large fries today from McDonald's....I ended up eating my pretzels with laughing cow cheese and it was as satisfying...but now the temptation is back...lol, I have no room for today but I will try to make one for tomorrow. I already ate my scoop of Ben and Jerry's boom chocollata ice cream for today and that was a whooping 300 calories! that's my morning workout for 1 scoop of ice cream! bwahahah! >:)
  • awasko1218
    awasko1218 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I feel like a broken record because I say this all the time, but If you think you are going to be going out to eat, fiddle around with your planner before you go. You can log things before you eat them...or even just go to the place's web page and look up nutritional information so you can make better choices. With that said, if you logged it and you enjoyed it...it's over. On to the next thing...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    I've had a Jalapeno Double once a week for at least a month now. It's fine as long as you meet your daily essentials and have room in your calories for it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • SexyKatherine73
    SexyKatherine73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Congratts you ate a food you enjoyed, and then you did the right thing the next day. what you did was a "Cheat meal" I call em "free meals" I work hard all week so I can have a treat I will enjoy and so I don't feel deprived :D
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    awasko1218 wrote: »
    I feel like a broken record because I say this all the time, but If you think you are going to be going out to eat, fiddle around with your planner before you go. You can log things before you eat them...or even just go to the place's web page and look up nutritional information so you can make better choices. With that said, if you logged it and you enjoyed it...it's over. On to the next thing...

^^^This. When I know I'm going out to eat, I plan ahead. I go to the website if I know where I'm going and look at the menu and nutrition facts. Some sites even have a nutrition builder which is nice. Just this past weekend we went out to eat with family at Runza. I had a double cheeseburger. :) No problem. I just fit it in and worked the rest of my day around it. It can be done.

• walkonfire5
    walkonfire5 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I once went on a car cruise around eating at different mcdonalds i had 6 big macks Lol good old days