How to count juicing calories and macros?

hey guys,

I'm on a juice fast and I was wondering if there was a way of counting the calories and macros from homemade juices in your daily food diary?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Help: Stop. Eat food instead.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    yep, eat the food. When you juice, you lose all of the good fiber. Plus, you won't get enough calories and nutrients just from juice.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member

Yep.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member

This. Just eat the food.
  • nicnicaomhanach
    nicnicaomhanach Posts: 2 Member
    Well I have worked out that I get about 200 calories from one glass of juice and I'm drinking about 4/5 a day. And all the nutrients are there as well. I just want to include them in my food diary.
  • rand486
    rand486 Posts: 270 Member
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    So how long are you planning on subsisting on 800-1000 calories of juice a day? What do you think is going to happen when you start eating food?

Not to mention their teeth... All that sugar! No protein...

OP, you need to do some research (or even a quick google) on how unhealthy juice diets really are.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Heres your help: EAT REAL FOOD.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    PURE CARBS (sugar!)- Eat real food! "All the nutrients are there"- NO! You took out all the fiber
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    hey guys,

I'm on a juice fast and I was wondering if there was a way of counting the calories and macros from homemade juices in your daily food diary?

I've never done a juice fast but I do juice on a regular basis as a supplement to my nutrition. I juice the item and then measure how much of that particular juice I have and then log it into MFP. For instance say I juice two small carrots and receive 1oz juice. I add that to my diary - the dairy has the nutritional info for homemade juice. I do that for each item I juice.
  • enolan68
    enolan68 Posts: 1 Member
    hey guys,

I know this post is old but I don't think she was asking for your judgement just an answer. I too was wondering how to add juicing macros to my FOOD diary so judge not and answer the damn question. If you don't know...don't contribute. Sheesh. Oh and thank you to the ONE person who contributed something useful.