Vegetarian Support

Options
I'm in the process of transitioning into being vegetarian (for my own variety of reasons) and am looking for some vegetarian friends who can help and whose diaries I can peek into for inspiration.

I'd really like to keep my protein up and not over-do the cheese (though I do loooove cheese).

Right now I'm leaning into pescetarian land and then will hopefully be able to shift eating almost totally non-meat soon.

Thanks!

Replies

• keeponlaughing
    keeponlaughing Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to look at mine. I just made some kick as mini meatless loves topped with mashed potatoes for dinner tonight and they are super low in calories under 150 each if I remember correctly:) I still eat cheese and eggs occasionally
  • BabyWeight821
    BabyWeight821 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey! You can add me though I do tend to eat quite similar day to day, idk why but that's the way I always have been. But I've been a vegetarian since '07 and was vegan for awhile so if you ever have any questions or need some support I'm here!
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I don't have an open diary, but I've been a vegetarian for fifteen years now. I've been trying to keep my protein up recently because I just started doing strength training. So I did cave and buy a protein powder that gives me 24 grams of protein and only 110 calories. Other than that, I'm a huge fan of Greek yogurt.. you can get up to maybe 25 grams of protein in one serving. I buy high-protein granola or cereal to mix in the yogurt. I also found this great stuff called textured vegetable protein. It's basically tasteless, but you can add it to hot meals. Cottage cheese is high in protein. There's this vegetarian canned chili, Nalley I think, that's pretty high in protein. You've got eggs or egg whites. That's all I can think of at the moment. It's totally possible to keep your protein up as long as you work at it. Now, if you want to get into what's a complete protein and what's not.. that I can't help you with. Sorry!
  • molly2146
    molly2146 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for 12 years. I tend to eat similar day to day as well. I just started adding Hemp Hearts and Quinoa to my diet. Both are high in protein and are easily added to a diet. You can buy Hemp in seed form, protein powder, or as an oil. It has a nutty flavor and has great benefits.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    I'm veg and get 120g of protein per day. Feel free to look through my diary or send me a FR -- I eat the same things really frequently, though, so my diary is pretty boring.
  • hankinspace
    hankinspace Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello! Veg for 20+ years, minus a rogue bite of fish last week that made me totally sick :s My protein has always lagged a bit, but since joining this site I've been way more conscious of it and experiencing an increase. My favorite proteins are tempeh, hemp seed, nuts, and loads of lentils and beans. Feel free to add me and see my journal if you like :)
  • hankinspace
    hankinspace Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Also, some great sites are ohsheglows.com and theppk.com
  • PaulaPalooza
    PaulaPalooza Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your comments, new friends! I'm pretty excited about it- you all have made me even more excited!
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm veggie and love to cook. My diary is open and you can feel free to add me.