Hot Hula, Zumba, Turbo Kick/Kick Boxing Classes

Options
Alright, I'm REALLY interested in trying all three/four of those classes... as a member of 24 hour fitness, I can go to any and all classes for free. So far I've only utilized the step and yoga classes, but I'm starting to get to the point where an hour of straight up cardio (treadmill, elliptical, etc) gets really boring, where as, if I'm in a class, it passes by in a breeze and I feel like I really got a great workout.

I'm really shy, and don't have a friend that I can take with me to these classes... So I'm going at it alone. Any advice on what to bring, or what to expect, or what to wear, or ANYTHING would be very helpful! Thanks!

Replies

• kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I was the same, shy about going to my first class at my gym... I did however have a friend to take and seriously it's pointless! Go by yourself you'll have a ball and there may be new members in there too!
  • Zumbalady808
    Options
    Hey don't worry about it go ahead and try it out, just make sure to bring water, a towel to mop up the sweat.. As for clothing wear like tights, and razor back tanks and a good sports bra.. don't worry it's a blast it will take a while to get the steps down but once you do you'll wanna move right up front and check yourself out in front the mirrors..
  • sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    you will love these classes I go to all of them, wear comfortable clothes and a good sports bra. My 24 Hour fitness gives towels, but if yours doesn't make sure you bring one, you will need it...and water, water, water!!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I've only taken Zumba & Turbo Kick but have liked them both very much. Turbo Kick became my thing! For awhile, it was constant...I'd weigh every week the day after Turbo Kick & I was sure to lose a lb as long as I ate right and worked out the rest of the week too. I easily was burning 500 calories or more in an hour class. Definitely helped my flexibility, stability, rhythm and coordination. Zumba I'm just now starting but it's fun & I can tell I'm using certain muscles in different songs.

For any exercise, I wear biking shorts (the tight ones that are longer - like mid-thigh length) and a regular tight tank top over my sports bra. If it's colder, I'll wear some cotton capris.
  • LetItBe4Sanity
    LetItBe4Sanity Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody for the great advice! I'm definitely gonna pull up my panties and get myself to these classes, I'm so excited!

One last question- any specific clothing for Hot Hula? I looked up a video and everyone was wearing these skirt thingies...
  • genndan100502
    Options
    Those skirts are called a pareo or sarongs. You don't have to wear them during the class but it's definitely fun and you get to see the movement of the hips better, I usually wear shorts under the sarong though. I like the fact that I can just wear flip flops to the gym and do hot hula. Oh and in case you don't have Hot Hula in your area. The DVD's are available now at http://www.anna-rita.com/e-store/home-fitness-dvd-set
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this! Hot Hula is coming to my fitness center and I'm going to sign up for the master class to see how I like it. I *LOVE* zumba so I'm hoping I'll have the same passion for this too