Fitbit quesion

Options
so i have my fitbit flex synced to MFP, but when i do exercise (like today i did 20 minutes on the elliptical) do i still log that exercise in MFP? i know im only supposed to log either in MFP or the fitbit app, but not both, for food, but not sure how to go about logging exercise.

Replies

• sharkiej
    sharkiej Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am interested in this as well. I got fitbit in December, and just started using MFP. Feel that tracking exercise in one is not really getting applied to other, and don't want to overstate. Like if I take a walk and log into MFP, it will count towards calories, but what about the steps fitbit counted during same walk?
  • ariesangel
    Options
    thats what im worried about. i noticed that my fitbit dashboard said 16 very active minutes BEFORE i logged my time on the elliptical in MFP, and now it says 36 very active minutes in fitbit, so its looking like it double counted them. i just dont want to double count the calories burned because im logging my activity manually as well as syncing my fitbit.
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Log your food in MFP, and your exercise on the Fitbit dashboard. That will prevent any double counting of either, while making sure the necessary data gets to each app.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    When the 2 accounts are synced, you are asked to input start time and duration of exercise so that Fitbit can overwrite what it thought you burned during that time period. If you want to test it, log a 30 min workout with 1 calorie burn and when you look at your fitbit dashboard (pc) the calorie burn graph should be missing 2 bars around the time of the logged workout. Remove the workout, and you get the tracked calorie burn back.
  • McBoffin
    McBoffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I log food and exercise in MFP and just use my flex as a step counter. Mind you, I have enabled negative fitbit calories on MFP so whatever I log on MFP gets corrected if I'm working harder (or as is often the case, not) by fitbit.

That was the suggestion I got from both fitbit and MFP a support.

Hope that helps.
  • gail1961
    gail1961 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    If I am wearing my fitbit when I walk I don't log it in MFP so it's not counted twice. If I do other workouts I don't wear my fitbit and then log it on MFP. They sync with each other, so it will be included in both places
  • McBoffin
    McBoffin Posts: 76 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Had to delete post. Went on wrong thread.