300 lbs omg

Options
didnt think I was that big but, it true. Doctor informed me that my liver has been effected due to my weight, so any help would be great.

Replies

• erynleigh
    erynleigh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello Robert. Welcome to My Fitness Pal. I'm in a similar place as you and 1 week into my journey. I'd love to add you and we can support/motivate each other! :)
  • baksy47
    baksy47 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im in the exact same boat. Been using this app and lost a good 4 pounds. Stay at it you'll get there!
  • Beastie32
    Beastie32 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I hit 321lbs in October 2013. Lost 121lbs so far. You can do this!!!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and Good Luck on your journeys!! Tracking your food and getting active are your Keys to Success! And don't expect to be "Perfect" You Will mess up. But when you do, learn from it and move on immediately. There is no time for Guilt Trips or calling yourself Bad Names.
  • robertybarra85
    robertybarra85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support, omg it hard be Mexican and not eating what your grew up on! But it's not as bad I thought it would be, have stopped all sodas!
  • Seraphina_Rowan
    Seraphina_Rowan Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Good luck on your journey, I know a bit of how you feel (no one can truly know another persons feelings, everyone experiences them in their own ways) but, in january of last year I had hit 320lbs. I\ve now lost 111lbs to this day, if you need a friend, anyone can add me :smile: Again good luck! You can do this!
  • shanahtehya
    shanahtehya Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You can eat the food you are used to, just not in the portions that you are used to. I made chicken enchiladas tonight with rice and beans and didn't go over my calories! I only had one enchilada, 1/2 cup of rice and 1/4 cup of beans .. which is 1/2 of what I used to eat, but after eating less for almost 3 weeks, I was full!
  • karabear2987
    karabear2987 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey I too am getting close to 300! This is the highest weight I've ever been and it is starting to take a toll on my health physically and emotionally. I want to make a change for the better! Could use some support and motivation and would do the same..I'd your up for it add me as a friend!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    didnt think I was that big but, it true. Doctor informed me that my liver has been effected due to my weight, so any help would be great.

I still remember being thrilled when I got "down" to 300. You can do it. Once you get past the first few weeks, it gets easier. Just be sure to log honestly and daily, watch nutrition and calories.

As one Mayo Clinic article notes: "Despite all the diet strategies out there, weight management still comes down to the calories you take in versus those you burn off. Fad diets may promise you that avoiding carbs or eating a mountain of grapefruit is the secret to weight loss, but it's really all about calories."

Good luck!

73641431.png