Looking for some guidance about Yo-yoing weight loss

Options
Hi all,
Just looking for someone to help me out with tips and guidance about weight loss. I keep fluctuating between 160-165 lbs. I initially lost about 10 lbs but now I'm stuck, I got down to 155ish last year twice and as soon as that happens I shoot back up. Yes, I don't consistently use MFP, I especially didn't use it too much over the holidays. But I try to not miss more than a day in a row. I do weigh out my food for the most part and I do most of the cooking in my house so I know what's going into my food. I also do use a HRM during my more intense workouts to log them. I haven't changed in my measurements either so I'm just frustrated seeing the lack of progress. I am a student, I work part-time, and I am a mom so sometimes I'm limited with my time and finances but I try to do what I can. So if someone can point me in a better direction to make the most out of what I'm doing that would be especially helpful! TIA.

Replies

• nikkik8806
    nikkik8806 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    nikkik8806 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just looking for someone to help me out with tips and guidance about weight loss. I keep fluctuating between 160-165 lbs. I initially lost about 10 lbs but now I'm stuck, I got down to 155ish last year twice and as soon as that happens I shoot back up. Yes, I don't consistently use MFP, I especially didn't use it too much over the holidays. But I try to not miss more than a day in a row. I do weigh out my food for the most part and I do most of the cooking in my house so I know what's going into my food. I also do use a HRM during my more intense workouts to log them. I haven't changed in my measurements either so I'm just frustrated seeing the lack of progress. I am a student, I work part-time, and I am a mom so sometimes I'm limited with my time and finances but I try to do what I can. So if someone can point me in a better direction to make the most out of what I'm doing that would be especially helpful! TIA.

Unfortunately for many people to see results, especially closer to goal weight, we find we have to really tighten up logging. If you are failing to log every other day you really have no idea how many calories you are consuming over the week which would definitely account for being stuck! The only advice you need is to be consistent and accurate with logging- that is, weigh all solids with a food scale, and measure all liquids with measuring cups and spoons. Make it your goal to log every day this week without missing any and go from there. The good news: calorie deficit = weight loss, and after a few weeks of weighing and logging consistently you should absolutely see results :)
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Agreed, if you consistently log you should see a change in results. Calorie deficit equals weight loss. Weigh your foods.
  • JessaLee0324
    JessaLee0324 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    nikkik8806 wrote: »
    Hi all,

• JessaLee0324
    JessaLee0324 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    oops... using my phone. didnt mean to quote that!

anyhow. I have the same problem. I lose a few pounds and start getting really confident because my clothes aren't as tight. I guess I start slacking a bit since I don't feel as fat. then after a couple weeks I'm back to square one.

is that you?

I guess it's about being consistent all the time. regardless. idk....I'm trying to have these talks with myself to get my own butt in gear for the long haul.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Small changes that are long term sustainable.