Trying this AGAIN

Options
I have dealt with weight issues almost my entire life, I am now 37 and trying to lose again. A few years back I was on a roll and lost 59lbs. Then came the thyroid issues, and an extra 40lbs (in THREE MONTHS!).

Fast forward to now: hypothyroidism, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, PCOS, depression, and whatever else is falling apart on me. I've decided that it's time to love me, as difficult as that may be, and start taking better care of myself.

A little more about me: I have worked night shift for the past 10 years with a very sedentary position and I home school my 11 year old. My husband is super supportive and has been there for me through everything, loving me just the way I am - extra pounds and all.

My goal is to lose around 100lbs, (lofty goal I'm aware, but something that needs to be done), love myself inside and out, improve my health / get off some of this medication (MAIN GOAL!), and have a little fun along the way. I don't have a 'plan' yet, just moving more, eating less, eating healthier, and being more positive. I wish you all the best on your weight loss journey!

Replies

• deedavis27
    deedavis27 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK to you :-) I have been on the stupid weight loss round about for a long time especially after my divorce but this time I am determined to lose the weight I have let creep back on (and it does creep) and be proud of myself again.
    Small goals will keep you motivated instead of thinking oh wow I have to lose 100lbs think I will lode 10 this month and then reward yourself when you do - not with food but maybe a massage or a facial or even just a date with your husband.
    I have a pile of rocks in my garden - each one weighs about half a kilo each - I keep adding to for every kilo I lose so that I know just how much weight my poor body doesn't have to carry anymore. it feels good looking at that pile getting bigger.
    Good Luck - eating better and moving more is a definite way to get off some medications - exercise is also good for depression.
  • kcd1961
    kcd1961 Posts: 126 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Welcome, there are several things worth reading here to help you develop a plan. Can I suggest http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants and http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10040368/some-thoughts-on-starting-over If you need some support or help, feel free to add me.
  • Adiva1959
    Adiva1959 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great you are back at it. This is new for me. It's hard. I've started exercises and cutting back. That's all right now. I hope to get it together and get really motivation !! Good luck
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Adiva1959 wrote: »
    Great you are back at it. This is new for me. It's hard. I've started exercises and cutting back. That's all right now. I hope to get it together and get really motivation !! Good luck

• eaensmom
    eaensmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouragement!