Would a Nutritionist be worth a try?

Options
So I've been struggling with eating healthy for several years. I've lost weight several times and usually put the weight back on. I'm somewhat knowledgeable about what's healthy and what's not.
My main question is I usually find myself hungry throughout the day and starving a few hours after I workout. I want a nutritionist to help me set up a menu that will help me reach my calorie goals and keep me full. This should be a slam dunk right. But I have a lot of food allergies. I can't have milk, nuts, eggs, mangos, shellfish, fish, avacados or beef. So with such a limits does anyone think it's possible? I don't want to eat chicken, vegetables and rice and protein drinks for the rest of my life.
Thanks for any advice.

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    A dietician --- that is what you want. A few medical plans cover that.
    He/she will focus on what are willing to eat/can eat.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    yes Dietician. I am seeing one on Thursday. Better option that nutritionist
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Registered Dietician. Any 18 year old can get "certified" as a nutritionist if they pass the written test. Registered Dieticians usually have degrees in nutrition.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• pancakemix16
    pancakemix16 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, I will look into a dietician. I was told my insurance wouldn't pay for a nutritionist unless I was a diabetic. What a turned around world we live in, I have to be sick before I can get healthy.
    I'm willing to pay for a healthier me, so thanks pointing me in the right direction.
    JPaulie, let me know how your visit goes. Where did you find your dietician?
  • GrowOrDie
    Options
    GROWorDie.net just a thought...
    Getting healthy isn't just about WHAT to eat- but WHY we are eating it! Gotta get to the core of our addiction! Xx