2 Week No Alcohol Group

Options

Replies

• Mauigirl62
    Options
    I was doing quite well resisting alcohol all week until Friday when we went out to eat. Had two glasses of red wine but didn't go over my calories for the day. Was alcohol-free on Saturday, and had just 1-1/2 glasses of wine Sunday. But last night I blew it so I am up for joining a 2-week no-alcohol pledge. I have lost 4 lbs. just on cutting it out as much as I have so I can only imagine how much better I would do without alcohol at all!
  • CanadianCountryGirl1973
    Options
    Good job notcorky!!

Mauigirl62, I was amazed at the difference it makes. You're not as sluggish (body has to do a sort of recovery even after 2 glasses of wine) and I find with even one glass my good judgement about food goes out the window. Definitely reducing to a couple of glasses a week (usually weekends) has made a HUGE difference in just 20 days!
  • deedavis27
    deedavis27 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey there
    I would love to join if that's okay. I have been pretty good I think since I started doing the healthy eating thing again. I didn't have a glass all week last week until the weekend and even then I only had three, ok maybe four glasses of wine.
    This weekend I am going to struggle to keep it to a minimum I know as we have a long weekend here which means party weekend usually. I will try my very best to keep the wine to a minimum.
  • notcorky
    notcorky Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I graduated! 17 days alcohol free - still going for 30!
  • kfullebanks
    kfullebanks Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi All, are you still doing this challenge?
  • dlvuyovich
    dlvuyovich Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am, this coming Saturday will be my 2 week mark. You are welcome to join us. The schedule I posted above, at least for me, is no longer as I indulged on the weekend I was supposed to stay dry. Damn rugby weddings.
    Options
    So staff get-together dinner tomorrow for teacher on maternity leave at a restaurant.... it's Friday, so usually my "cheat" drinking evening (after the long week at work). Going to break that habit tomorrow, inspired by all of you..... it's a BYOB restaurant so bringing my favorite sparking n/a wine at 58 calories for 125mls......
    Options
    P.S. After 20 days back eating healthier choices.... lost 10 pounds and a dress size.... VERY happy....!
  • BigmanTG
    BigmanTG Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a challenge im in!
  • dlvuyovich
    Options
    How'd the weekend go?
    I could have done better since I let myself relax and socialize over the weekend. 2 glasses of wine on Friday, 3 on Saturday and a not-so healthy choice of a bloody mary on Sunday. I made better choices, not the best choices, but kept my protein intake in by packing my beloved quest protein bars and a few bags of my kay's protein pretzels. Those saved me from snacking on bad stuff throughout the conference. Also got a tabata workout in on Saturday between my last session and the banquet dinner where I allowed myself to enjoy (gasp!) a piece of cheesecake.
    Guilt-be-gone, it is Monday, a new day, a new week and the start of a new 2-week wagon trip!
    Options
    Did very well..... 3 glasses Friday and 5 Saturday. After tracking for these past weeks, wine only on Friday and Saturday really is where the bulk of my calories come from in a week. Still very under for the week overall, but would be even more without the Friday/Saturday wine!
  • dlvuyovich
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

I had no alcohol last weekend but did go a wee bit over with a box of whoppers at the movies. However, when I think about the feeling I would get with the same amount of calories in wine, I would have been eating badly the next day. I was able to eat clean for the remainder of the weekend.

I have this weekend to get through, then it is our birthday dinner on Monday (My husband & I are 2 days apart) and a few days after that we head to Vegas for the International Rugby 7s Tournament (live on NBC, check it out!). btw - I did make a demand for birthday cake.

So, after this weekend, I suspect some diet debauchery, and I'm ok with that ;)
  • gettinfit23
    gettinfit23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm doing pretty good with no alcohol!! If I have to slip for some special occasion I am drinking vodka seltzers but am avoiding ladies nights !! No more pressuring me into going :) bad news is that I really haven't lost much weight so I am also focusing on logging all my calories in MFP ! :)
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I am starting this today! My fiancé has been so I am going to join him and you all. He drinks green tea in place at night instead of a glass of wine or a beer....which would ALWAYS lead to us eating too much or foods we shouldn't be eating at all!
    Options
    EXACTLY esaucier17!! That's what we found too!

So going soooo great since January 1st.... leaving on a cruise tomorrow. We've made a list of potential options given the calorie count on MFP. Unlikely to have frozen daquiris or mojitos..... LOADED in calories! But Corona's not so bad at 128 calories!
  • dlvuyovich
    Options
    My check in: I had a few sips of my husband's chardonnay the other night but before that, not a drip since 25 Jan. Tonight is our birthday dinner at a friend's house, but after a long day of work, then our first rugby practice after my workout, I may just want food and birthday cake. My friend is Korean and her bool kogi is to die for.

I leave for Vegas on Thursday so still working on the clean push till then. Planning on making better (may not be best) menu choices and packing my protein treats to keep me from diving into the stadium grub. I have Southwest drink tickets so they may be put to good use :wink:

Funny story: Was at Trader Joe's, got to the canned olives, almost picked up a fresh bottle for martinis. Talked myself out of it, why set myself up? Saw stuffed cherry tomatoes with pimento, garlic & capers. "ooh, those would be killer in a martini!" right into the cart. :blush:
    Options
    Oh.... my.... goodness...... back from a one-week cruise. We tracked everything and I just back logged my week. If it weren't for those alcohol calories, I would have done just fine! Used the onboard gym equipment and the track around the deck and then there was the dancing, swimming and general walking around. If it weren't for those alcohol calories.... but wait.... there's no calories in vacation alcohol, right?!
  • dlvuyovich
    Options
    My first full day back at work from four days in Vegas, I'll just leave it there...

My one regret was trying 'animal style' at In-n-Out Burger, not my cup of tea, too much crap on what is really good for take out.

The bloating had subsided already from all teh sodium and a long flight. I am working my way back into my lifting regimen. Looking forward to a no alcohol weekend.
  • dlvuyovich
    Options
    I may have to drop this commitment for the time being. After running practice last night, I could not sleep due to coach's anxiety. I am thinking a glass of wine post practice might be in order.
    Options
    Nah... Don't drop the full two week commitment.... it's about awareness! Sunday was Oscar night... celebrational beverage.... Monday night was out at a concert.... but Tuesday back on track!