Underactive Thyroid

Options
Hi
I would like to lose 2 stone. I have an underactive thyroid and poly cystic ovaries. I'm into my 3rd week - diet has consisted of 1200 cals, sometimes less to allow for 1 cheat day. My norm days food = ready brek/chia seeds/blueberries, soup.... Then meat & salad, muller light yogurt or homemade chilli or sweet potato & meat.... Week 1 I lost 4lb, 2nd week I put on 3lb, this week I've lost nothing. I am drinking 3/4 cups of green tea & lemon.... I'm starting to feel really demotivated... Any suggestions ?

Replies

• kirstycecilia
    kirstycecilia Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just keep with it. It is definitely possible to lose weight with thyroid issues (had mine since 17) but I think weight fluctuates more than some people as thyroid levels tend to do the same. I'm also in my third week on here and lost 4 in first week and nothing in the second. When I lost weight before the same thing happened so I think you have to give yourself time and keep working on it- you will get there! :)
  • zgolub
    zgolub Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Look into gluten-free diets. I read that there may be a connection between thyroid and gluten causing inflammation and slowing down metabolism.
  • JFDavies71
    Options
    Thank you both ... Really appreciate your replies
  • SkinnyCat39
    SkinnyCat39 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    There is a group here on MFP I think it is called Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism, tons of information.