Goal: Creating a healthy sustainable lifestyle!

Options
Hi there:heart: ,

Three years ago I lost 20 kg and was pretty obsessed with my weight, I started working and it gradually came back. I think it came back, because I lost focus but also because Iost it in an unhealthy way. This time around I want to become fit and healthy in a sustainable way.

First I had to quit smoking, which was pretty hard for me. I have been smoke free for 22 weeks now. During the first weeks of quitting I gained weight. I do not know the exact weight gain, but I began to feel uncomfortable. So my second goal was to stop the gain.

When I was dieting three years ago, I also picked up a habit of drinking lots of diet coke. I do not want to start a discussion about this, but the amounts I consumed were not healthy (aprox. 5 cans a day --> now 2/3 a week). That was goal number 3.
After “accomplishing” goal number 3, I felt confident enough for goal 4 Start moving. I am lucky enough that as of the 1st of august my work is only 9,5 km away (5,9 miles) and I started cycling to work. (only when possible and when I do not have any out of office appointments) .

To prevent myself of getting bored, I want to try different types of exercise (goal 5, tips are welcome). I just started with a yoga challenge at home. I really like the combination of relaxing and strength/flexibility building.

My final goal 6 is portion control. This means that I want to get all the nutrition I need without eating too much or not enough (problem three years ago).

I just wanted to say hi and be proud of the progress I already made:smile: . I do not want to focus to much on weight loss and more on creating a new lifestyle.

Goal 1: Quit smoking (Check: 28-04-2014)
Goal 2: Stop weight gain (Ongoing goal)
Goal 3: Less diet soda (Check From 4-5 cans a day --> 2/3 cans/week)
Goal 4: Start moving (Check 01-07-2014 --> cycling to work)
Goal 5: Try new workouts (Started 30 day yoga challenge 13-09-2014)
Goal 6: Portion control (ongoing goal)

Length: 1,77 cm (5ft and 9.5 in)
SW: ca. 85 kg (187)
CW: 81,5 kg (179,3)
1st GW:72 kg (158,4)

Replies

• nogrows
    nogrows Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Update since start (september 18th 2014, 126 days)
    Length: 1,77 cm (5ft and 9.5 in)
    SW: ca. 85 kg (187)
    CW: 73,8 kg (162,4)
    1st GW:72 kg (158,4)
    Total lost weight: 11,2 kg (24,6)
    Weight loss rate: 88 grams a day (= 0,616 kg a week)
    Exercise: Ride bicycle 2-4 times a week (70 min.), did yoga until holidays (need to start again)
    Smoking: did not touch a cigarette for 38 weeks
    Diet coke: Do not drink diet coke on sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday.
    Portion control: I still find this very difficult, but I try to eat a lot of fruit and vegetables and I drink a lot of water.

• MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You're off to a very good start. I'm finding the key is to create your own goals that are realistic and maintainable.

Good job! :)
  • purplenails
    purplenails Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You're well on your way. We'll done on what you have achieved so far. Keep pushing forward.
  • nogrows
    nogrows Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Very nice to hear!