My blood pressure!!

pattycakes726
pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
edited September 27 in Success Stories
I've been on MFP for about a month now, and have lost 15lbs toward my goal. Before I joined MFP, I stopped drinking alcohol - I had been averaging 2-3 Mike's Hard Lemonades or cocktails a every night. I also quit caffeine at the same time. I drink 3-4 cups of coffee so quitting the caffeine was tough!

I went to the doctor today because I've been having pain in my left shoulder and arm for a couple weeks. Now, when you're 50 years old and call the doctor with pain and numbness in your left arm, they assume you're having a heart attack. So they insisted I come in immediately. Turns out, it's a pinch nerve. Nothing to worry about.

But since the doctor was worried about my heart, she did an EKG and said everything looks great! But the best news is my blood pressure. It's been about 140/100 for a couple of years. Once last year, the reading was 150/110! Today it was....drumroll...120/70!!! It hasn't been that low in 10 years! I was thrilled and the doctor was really surprised. It really helped reinforce my determination to continue getting in shape ;-)

Replies

• mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    great result and big turn around. well done and keep up the great work
  • EnuffaMyButt
    EnuffaMyButt Posts: 111 Member
    Congratulations! Keep up the great work!
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Good job.
    Keep it up.
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    :smile: FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!!
  • ziggle_7
    ziggle_7 Posts: 81 Member
    Thats great news! congratz!! i've had problems with my blood pressure too, thats part of the reason im trying so hard to get in shape and lose weight. Your an inspiration!
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    That's so wonderful good for you! and your heart! :flowerforyou:
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Wow! That's an amazing change in BP. Good work!! :-)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    Great job.
  • godzillaeyes
    godzillaeyes Posts: 5 Member
    That is amazing and quite an inspiration! My blood pressure and blood sugar have both skyrocketed in the past year, and coincidentally I've also been drinking more often than usual during that time period and gained 10 pounds as well. Time to stop this dumb stuff. :)
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,161 Member
    Awesome about lowering your blood pressure!
  • that is AWESOME!!!!!!! i hope by losing I will get my bp under control as well!!! good for you!!! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!