Can't afford the gym ! What Excersises should I do !

Options
hi guys , I live at home with my parents and I'm saving up money so I can move out , I can't afford a gym , yet I know that strength training is most important for me as I want to tone and lose a little weight. Any suggestions ?! Websites and Excersises I can do that really work at home ? Any apps ?

Replies

• pietomb00
    pietomb00 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Have a look at "You are your own Gym", "Convict conditioning" or Reddit's bodyweightfitness routine - http://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine
  • desika8787
    desika8787 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Look for "bodyweight training" - there are real good workouts on Youtube :)
  • LosAngalex
    LosAngalex Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Earlier I joined FitnessGlo at $13/month, but there are also free apps. One of my favorite free ones is called "Couch to 5k", but I'm sure there are others more geared toward strength training.

Gyms are expensive and even when you go, you'll still have to guide yourself (unless you pay for a trainer at the gym which costs even more).

Also, if you or your parents subscribe to Netflix, there might be some videos on there for fitness as well as Youtube.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    There are tons of Zumba workouts on YouTube. There are a few full classes, but it's really easy to make your own playlist.
  • matthewbell88
    Options
    I enjoyed this small Imgur gallery with some basic bodyweight workouts

http://imgur.com/a/zXTlf
  • grantevans11
    grantevans11 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Burpees, pushups and as many variations as pullups as you can (if you have the facilities)
  • MouseFood
    MouseFood Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Just keep moving. Do squats... I do them while I brush my teeth. Add a little intensity every time you do something normal--for instance, going up the stairs, walk with your legs as wide as possible. It looks stupid but boy does it work those muscles.
  • Howl2013
    Howl2013 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Recently there was a link to an article on MSN called The Only 12 Exercises You Need to Get in Shape. Okay hyperbole, but they are all basic bodyweight exercises that you need no equipment for. And for a beginner they were plenty tough enough. A couple I couldn't do the recommended reps. The article also broke them up into smaller little circuits for shorter workouts.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    walk using mapmyrun & body weight exercises
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I like Fitness Blender's website. Free workout videos, lots of variety, and can be done at home. There are lots that don't require any equipment at all.
  • noexcusesjustresults2014
    Options
    rairaiaday wrote: »
    hi guys , I live at home with my parents and I'm saving up money so I can move out , I can't afford a gym , yet I know that strength training is most important for me as I want to tone and lose a little weight. Any suggestions ?! Websites and Excersises I can do that really work at home ? Any apps ?

Run outside and perform BW strength exercises at the park:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6ePL8OFb6M
  • xxlilkaycexx
    xxlilkaycexx Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    youtube has great work out videos. Popsugar fitness was one of my favorite stations when I was using youtube. I also did Jillian Michaels a lot. Pinterest is also a good place to find workout ideas.