Tilapia Week!

Options
So I am having fun searching for recipes for preparing baked tilapia, and want to know if you have any favorites to share?

Replies

• Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I will add some lemon pepper or dill with lemon to it and bake it. It is so yummy!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,551 Member
    Options
    I just season each filet with garlic, salt, pepper and chili powder, then rub them down with olive oil, bake at 450 for 12 minutes.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    No! Tilapia is wizzack.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I find the widespread use of Tilapia kind of weird, in Australia it is a pest and it's illegal to fish for it for food, if you catch it it has to be destroyed! Strange how it changes depending where you are.
  • Alluminati
    Options
    I find the widespread use of Tilapia kind of weird, in Australia it is a pest and it's illegal to fish for it for food, if you catch it it has to be destroyed! Strange how it changes depending where you are.
    Same in the Pacific islands. It's why they freak me out.
  • Alluminati
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    No! Tilapia is wizzack.

Stopped eating it after I saw how they are raised.
    Besides there's so much tastier fish out there.

Sorry OP, for raining on your parade and all.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Tilapia is not a great seafood choice just like Atlantic salmon (farmed). two of the worst seafood choices out there. Both are banned in some countries
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Why bake fish? Grilled or blackened are so much tastier.

Get a cedar plank and grill it. Make a mango chutney or something to top it.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle liberally with Weber Kickin' Chicken spice mix, then sprinkle lightly with either a mix of whole wheat flour and cornstarch, or else panko. Don't coat it heavily like breading, just a very light dusting for a little crispiness. Then pan-fry.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Because maybe some people like baked fish?

Yep I like baked fish !
    Gota pretty good recipe for carp. Nail the carp to a 2x4 then put over hot flames untill the 2x4 is blackened and burnt, then scrape the carp off and eat the 2x4

Oops thread was about tilapia, sorry

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Tigg_er wrote: »

Because maybe some people like baked fish?

Yep I like baked fish !
    Gota pretty good recipe for carp. Nail the carp to a 2x4 then put over hot flames untill the 2x4 is blackened and burnt, then scrape the carp off and eat the 2x4

Oops thread was about tilapia, sorry

What if I'm on a low carp diet?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I agree it's probably rather tasteless and illegal here but fish is better than no fish I think. It's good for you.. mostly.. maybe. Still protein.
  • sonya15143
    Options
    Thanks all -
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I like to wrap each piece in a foil packet and some days i season with butter and italian seasoning. Lately we have been enjoying it with some Ken's Light Italian Dressing, no oil or other seasoning needed that way. It comes out sooooo moist and flaky. Oh it's really good just plopped on top of thin lemon slices and baked in the foil.