New - Add Me :)

Options
I'm new to this forum but around 8 months into getting healthy. I lost 2 stone in around 6 months of last year by cutting out the crap and eating healthy, with 6 cardio sessions a week at between 30-60mins each. I got a little distracted the last month or so and I'm now back at it.
My goal is to lose a further 2-3 stone but I don't really watch the scales too much as it's about how I feel, I like being healthier and happier.
I never thought I'd say it but I love working out now. It'd be cool to have people to motivate and motivate me on them cba days so add me :)
Good luck with your journey!
J

Replies

• Trail_Blazer2015
    Trail_Blazer2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello J

I'm 45, It would be great to form a team of supporters that are able to enjoy the journey towards improved health, and encourage one another to excel along the way.

Since the start of last November, my poor health has required me to begin eating properly. Nutrition and health are presently my main focus. Additionally, I'm spending plenty of time learning about the nutritional value of food, and my body's nutritional needs.

During this change in lifestyle, I've dropped just over 30 lbs. I'll need to drop another 2-3 stone to get down to180 lbs, and I've recently began adding movement into my daily routine; walking 2 miles every morning. It's been many years since I've had the energy, or desire, to exercise in any beneficial way. The weight loss, increased energy, and desire to exercise are awesome indications that my focus on health and nutrition is "spot on."

My personal mantra for this year is "Nothing taste as great as I feel."

Cheers, from the east coast of North America!
  • J2015L
    J2015L Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey Trail_Blazer2015, congrats on your current weight loss! It's great that you have started exercising with healthy nutrition, after starting myself you come to realise that good health is primarily made in the kitchen. The exercise doesn't matter when your diets out the window! 2 miles is a great point to be at, what are your plans next?
    It feels great accomplishing each goal & it sounds as though we are heading for similar targets, feel free to chat any time :)

It's my goal to travel to the U.S. Soon, what's the weather like where you are?
    All the best,
    Jay