100 days in, 28.6 pounds down

Options
Hi everyone,
I'm so excited that I'm about 1/2 way to my goal after 100 days of using MFP. (Or maybe 1/3 of the way to my goal - I can't decide whether to aim for "ideal" or just "normal bmi.")

I started tracking in October and generally eat between 1200 and 1400 calories a day, though I let myself go up to 1600 for the holidays. I'm 5'4", almost 42 years old, and recently got my hypothyroidism under control.

I haven't taken any photos because I've been hiding from cameras for my entire life, but I can tell from the fit of my clothes that I'm making progress. I have a box of "wait until spring" outfits that I'm hoping will fit again in ~80 days (my 6-month mark).

The biggest things I've learned since I started:

1) Thirst had been a trigger for me to eat. I now drink 10-12 glasses of water a day and feel so much better. My skin is more radiant too.

2) Calories and protein are the most important things for me to track. Followed by fiber. I ignore fat, sugar, and sodium...

3) It's completely respectable to lose 5-6 pounds a month. And those pounds won't come off evenly over a month. (After the first couple weeks when I lost ~9 pounds, I had to convince myself that progress was progress and not to be so impatient.)

4) If you screw up a day, just start again tomorrow and try to do better.

Thanks, MFP, for getting me here. :)

Replies

• kitten_whisky
    kitten_whisky Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    congratulations! well done for sticking to it , and good luck for the next 3 months :-)
  • tmoser512
    tmoser512 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Excellent lessons! Congratulations on your losses (*)
  • jillybean_75
    jillybean_75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Great work! I like your lesson #4, if you screw up just start again tomorrow. Yesterday was an off-track day for me, even though I worked out and it looks like I made maintenance calories, I still went way over where I wanted to be. It was one of those days. And today is a new one. :smiley:
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • SexyHealthyFit175
    SexyHealthyFit175 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you!
  • Angela7zFit
    Angela7zFit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Amazing !!! Sounds like you have found something that works !! Keep up the great work !!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!