Breastfeeding and losing weight

Options
i have a 9 month old that I'm breastfeeding. I'm desperately trying to lose 30 pounds before summer. Would like to find other breastfeeding mommies Friends for this journey.

Replies

• lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I'm breastfeeding my 14 month old and have similar goals. Feel free to add me.
  • kimhere
    kimhere Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm breast feeding my 10 month old. Feel free to add :) just getting back into exercise after 18 months off :/
  • I'm breastfeeding my 10 month old also, You can add me too!
  • HazelBug1987
    HazelBug1987 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm breastfeeding my almost 4 month old. I've got about 9 pounds to go. I'm one of the "Lucky" moms who gain in the 50 pound range when pregnant. My goal is to lose 5 pounds in February and March. I already lost more than 5 pounds this month and I'm trying to do it at a slightly slower pace so I still feel good. (I got a food scale and it turns out I was underestimating my calories by about 30%) I love exercise when I can get it. I have a 2 year old as well.
  • jgolden3
    jgolden3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Add me ladies! I'm just coming back to my fitness pal after having baby. He is now 4 months. I NEED to lose at least 30 pounds while breastfeeding and I'm finding it very hard!!
  • hellodiane
    hellodiane Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with all of this as well! I posted a question but have found your thread, as well as a few others super helpful. My son is just shy of 4 months old. I am struggling to lose the baby weight and I am exclusively breastfeeding him. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I would love to have more mom friends on here. :)
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey all!

I just saw this on the main page and thought I'd chime in as a formerly BFing mom (I weaned my younger son last May). I was part of a breastfeeding group on here, but when I finally found the link, it didn't work. I worry that it might now be defunct, but I believe there may be others.

ETA that the point of my post was to say that you might want to search the groups for BFing ;)
  • Eldee32
    Eldee32 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am breastfeeding my 14 months old son.....wanna lose 45 lbs....you can add me :)
  • lpr13dd
    lpr13dd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am currently breastfeeding my 19 month old and trying to lose about 40lbs! Add me if you want! :)
  • fastmomonthego158
    fastmomonthego158 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am still nursing my 13 month old :) and need to lose 50lbs feel free to add me :)
  • BahamaBeauty0
    Options
    So I've only been nursing for 5 weeks and I'd like to lose the 49lbs I've put on this pregnancy. I could use all the support I could get seeing that I have no idea where to start especially since I'm nursing and I delivered via c section.
  • jnyny81
    jnyny81 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just posted another discussion about this. I am new to this page. I have a 16 month old that I breast feed with no supplementing. Only water and home made juice. I added 300 calories to my counter so I wasn't starving myself.
  • sarahat10
    sarahat10 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My 4 month old is ebf and I'm trying to loose the weight from this pregnancy and then some! My goal is 50lbs and I'm down 6lbs in the first 8 days!