Today is day 1.......again :(

Options
Here I go again. Maybe I am kidding myself....but I feel like this is really "it" for me. I feel like I can and will succeed with a LIFE change. I am so tired of watching life pass me by because of an addiction to FOOD. I have dreams of being that active person. Time to wake up and BE that active person!! :)
Would LOVE to make this journey with friends and support!!

Replies

• jblacken
    jblacken Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm with you doll! This is my millionth day 2. I would love to go on this journey with you :)
  • Murph1908
    Murph1908 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Keep at it. I found the thrill of a new low on the scale was more rewarding than having too much ice cream. It's as addicting as the food.

The best part about MFP is when you can have that guilt-free treat, and eat what you want, as long as you stay at your calorie goal. For me, it just cut down portions a bit and controlled my between-meal garbage calories. Plus it got me out walking Saturday mornings to earn my beer with dinner on Saturday night.

Good luck. Once you get rolling, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Murph1908 wrote: »
    Keep at it. I found the thrill of a new low on the scale was more rewarding than having too much ice cream. It's as addicting as the food.

The best part about MFP is when you can have that guilt-free treat, and eat what you want, as long as you stay at your calorie goal. For me, it just cut down portions a bit and controlled my between-meal garbage calories. Plus it got me out walking Saturday mornings to earn my beer with dinner on Saturday night.

Good luck. Once you get rolling, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

^^ Me too. Going down a size is a lot more gratifying than overeating, at least for me.
  • tinklemar
    tinklemar Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You got this! I know it can be frustrating and you just want to quit, but just stepping on the scale and seeing a smaller number is so motivating! Had that feeling this morning! I've stalled for weeks it seems, and just want to go and pig out, but stepped on this morning and saw a little movement, so I will stick with this process!!! Feel free to add me, I will be your friend!
  • Ociases
    Ociases Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Never give up. The process of losing weight and getting healthy isn't a temporary arrangement, it's a lifetime change and what that means is that you'll have good days and bad. But when you have that splurge on one day, it doesn't mean that day is ruined. Pick right up on healthier eating for the next meal. Don't wait for the next day or the next week.

You can do this! Just never give up. It doesn't have to be your day one again if you never stop trying!
  • maryjboom
    maryjboom Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I too am back for the millionth time. Been back for two weeks and doing well. Like you I feel like this is it for me.
    Feel free to friend me.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Every day is day 1.
  • RobinB429
    Options
    I'm new to this site and have a co-worker joining me, I've tried so many times myself...but I feel "I can do this" by making small changes at a time. I started logging in what I eat (making me more accountable for what I feed my face). Also it helps to have a buddy-system to help keep me on track- and motivated! Anyone feel free to add me as your "buddy"!