Lazy Recipes

Options
I hate cooking and like to spend very little time doing so. Does anyone have any recipe ideas that are quick, easy and preferably low in carbs?
Thanks! :)

Replies

• ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Taco soup carbs in it are good carbs throw it all in crock pot or oven and freeze servings for later
  • gwensoul
    gwensoul Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    fish tacos
    any meat in the crockpot over a salad
    chicken on a grill (indoor or out)
    Grits and baked potatos for high carb days
    tuna patties
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Mac & cheese. You'll have to open the cheese pack and boil water though. :)
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Tuna (or salmon) salad - 2 cans of tuna or salmon (or the packets, if you prefer), a celery stalk, a chunk of red onion (maybe 1/4 onion), and a handful of parsley. Pulse in the food processor until it has the consistency you like, then stir in a tablespoon of yogurt or guac. Stores in the fridge a couple days, and can be eaten with crackers, on a salad, in a wrap, etc.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    One jar of salsa (your choice), one packet of taco seasoning- mix and pour over boneless skinless chicken breasts and put in the crockpot on low for 4-5 hours. Shred the chicken and serve on soft tortillas= you can add cheese and sour cream if you like.
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Ground beef tortillas. All you have to do is fry up the ground beef with seasoning and put it in a tortilla shell with any sauces you like and veggies or cheese.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Beef skirt steak fajitas, julienned onion and peppers with some taco or fajita mix. You can use chicken too, but this is great on its own or with some soft taco wraps (I enjoy one and then chow on just the fajita stuff). Greek yogurt is my sour cream, yum!

Otherwise, beef stews or stroganoff (again yogurt subbing for sour cream in recipes). I use shirataki pasta substitutes which are way lower carb.
  • af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of ideas from low carb freezer meal cooking on Pinterest. I'll spend one day cooking/prepping. This will give me several weeks of crockpot and oven ready meals. Just pull out of the freezer and cook. All the prep work is done.
  • ka9ri3
    ka9ri3 Posts: 4
    Options
    All great ideas thank you! One question - is a crockpot the same as a slow cooker? (I'm British)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Roast everything. Heat the oven, put meat/fish and vegetables on a baking sheet, season, put in oven, remove from oven, eat.

If you cover the baking sheet with foil, you don't even have to wash the pan. ;)
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    ka9ri3 wrote: »
    All great ideas thank you! One question - is a crockpot the same as a slow cooker? (I'm British)

Yes, the crockpot is actually (or was) a brand name of a slow cooker. Now we just use it interchangeably.
  • ka9ri3
    Options
    Roast everything. Heat the oven, put meat/fish and vegetables on a baking sheet, season, put in oven, remove from oven, eat.

If you cover the baking sheet with foil, you don't even have to wash the pan. ;)

Less washing up! Win!
  • ka9ri3
    Options
    wkwebby wrote: »
    ka9ri3 wrote: »

Yes, the crockpot is actually (or was) a brand name of a slow cooker. Now we just use it interchangeably.

Ah I see :)