My first initial weight goal today !! But I still want more ...

Options
It's seems like it has been a long road but I have reached my first intial weight goal today !! I feel very proud of myself for actually achieving a goal that I have set my mind too and have worked very hard to achieve ...started out at 230 back in August 2014 and now I'm down to 165.6 total weight loss of 64.4 lbs . I started eating right and exercising religiously almost everyday and I can't forget about ,I feel is the key to my weight loss "running" it seems to just melt fat away .. I know that was my intial weight goal but I still want more !! If anyone is interested in my story I will answer any questions on what kind of workout schedule and how I eat in detail I have kept a log and use this app to count calories Who knows It might work for your weight loss journey ..

Replies

• cindys921
    cindys921 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • priyaFitnessFreak
    priyaFitnessFreak Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Wow! 64 pounds in 6 months is amazing! How did you start running? Did you use some program like C25k? How much do you run now?
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Fantastic accomplishment in six months. Congratulations Sir!
  • k9subsea
    k9subsea Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great job! 64 lbs in 6 months, awesome! I am at 54 lbs in 15 weeks myself, but I still have 70 lbs left to lose!
  • dfranch
    dfranch Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with tweaking your goals. My goal weight changed 4 times before I was finally happy.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • wuany
    wuany Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great job :)
  • sycokid666
    sycokid666 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow! 64 pounds in 6 months is amazing! How did you start running? Did you use some program like C25k? How much do you run
    I started slow I would run early in the morning before work usually around 4am or in the evenings when I got home .. At first I couldn't run for crap I would run for a little ways and then walk and then run did that for a few months I would get terrible shin splints too so I would work on that in my free time with excersizes at least three times a day ..When I started running miles they where around 14 min a mile now I have them baby's down to low 7's really working to keep a pace in the sixes , I never really thought of myself as a runner but know I love it I can't get enough i try to run at least a mile or two a day if I can , if not I will get on the elliptical for a thirty minute weight loss program and also do about ten to twelve minutes of straight punching a heavy bag or my dummy thing .. And I didn't use any programs or apps when I started just a stopwatch ..I have been using an Adidas fit smart watch now mainly for the heart monitor it seems to do the trick and also keep track of my workouts . Around my block its almost exactly 1 mile that might of helped keeping track of the miles and there is a school track about two miles away from my house that I use pretty regularly when my wife goes with me .. I couldnt run a half a mile when I started I can run at least 5 now maybe more I haven't actually tried to run past five I kinda feel like Forrest Gump "I was running" when I actually got my wind ..it's like some kind of high to me .. I don't know I love it :)
  • nogrows
    nogrows Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • sycokid666
    Options
    I really appreciate all the good jobs !! Thanks everyone I have to stay motivated ...
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Running does seem to melt fat. So does cycling. With these two regularly, I'd have to work hard not to be fit.

Great job on the loss!
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    great job
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    That's great, well done! I'm just starting out at running (again!) and I'm using an app, but I'm slowly getting excited about the progress. Hopefully I love it as much as you do :smile:
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Nicely done :)
  • sycokid666
    Options
    That's great, well done! I'm just starting out at running (again!) and I'm using an app, but I'm slowly getting excited about the progress. Hopefully I love it as much as you do :smile: [/
    Just keep pushing yourself and stay motivated ..If you have already started running (again) well it's already started keep moving forward ..
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job-Congratulations!!!
  • priyaFitnessFreak
    priyaFitnessFreak Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    sycokid666 wrote: »
    Wow! 64 pounds in 6 months is amazing! How did you start running? Did you use some program like C25k? How much do you run
    I started slow I would run early in the morning before work usually around 4am or in the evenings when I got home .. At first I couldn't run for crap I would run for a little ways and then walk and then run did that for a few months I would get terrible shin splints too so I would work on that in my free time with excersizes at least three times a day ..When I started running miles they where around 14 min a mile now I have them baby's down to low 7's really working to keep a pace in the sixes , I never really thought of myself as a runner but know I love it I can't get enough i try to run at least a mile or two a day if I can , if not I will get on the elliptical for a thirty minute weight loss program and also do about ten to twelve minutes of straight punching a heavy bag or my dummy thing .. And I didn't use any programs or apps when I started just a stopwatch ..I have been using an Adidas fit smart watch now mainly for the heart monitor it seems to do the trick and also keep track of my workouts . Around my block its almost exactly 1 mile that might of helped keeping track of the miles and there is a school track about two miles away from my house that I use pretty regularly when my wife goes with me .. I couldnt run a half a mile when I started I can run at least 5 now maybe more I haven't actually tried to run past five I kinda feel like Forrest Gump "I was running" when I actually got my wind ..it's like some kind of high to me .. I don't know I love it :)

Thanks for sharing! It's great that you enjoy running so much! Easier to stay fit when you're doing something you enjoy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!