Not quite new; but need help!

Options
Ok, so hubby and I just got married and now I'm back in this weight loss thing. Only problem is, we recently moved too... Where we lived before we had a park right near us so we could jog/walk a mile and a half.. Now we don't have that. I don't want to join a gym because we can't afford that right now. So, can anyone offer some ideas as to what hubby and I can do to stay active? Crunches on my living room floor just aren't cutting it!!!!

Replies

• sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    walk - it doesnt have to be in a park:smile:
  • RCMILLER2
    RCMILLER2 Posts: 38
    Options
    If your local High School has a pool see if they have pubic swim times. The High School near by has public swimming for $2, so I swim on Saturday and Sundays. :smile:
  • carlfry
    carlfry Posts: 62
    Options
    Run around your neighborhood - it's FREE!
  • aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You can still walk. Also investing in workout dvds would be good. I just learned that you can rent them on netflix. :)
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Local schools don't have problems with you running the track...

And Im sure there are sidewalks around where you are! Go for a jog run around!

I just bought a video or two, I canceled my membership because our apartment has sort of a fitness area, but I wanted to see what videos would do for me.

You can jump rope... yoga... etc.
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    Do Insanity!!! You diffently won't get bored doing it..
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Some cable companies offer a fitness channel with the regular lineup. Here we have Time Warner, and the channel is on its on demand programing. There are tons of workouts you can do whenever you want to do them.
  • TheGooby
    TheGooby Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm cycling everyday and had an afternoon off today so my partner and I took bikes to the coast and cycled for an hour. Was absolutely lovely!
    Otherwise, just cycle round the neighbourhood?
    You say you're newlyweds, if you haven't got bikes there is plenty of exercise you can do in the comfort of your own home ;)
  • busterfatt
    busterfatt Posts: 4
    Options
    Nintendo Wii. The boxing sport is a serious workout and with two nunchunks its such fun and so competitive. We moved too, into a flat on the 2nd floor, so had our dear neighbours downstairs to consider, so couldnt quite do the high impact aerobics we used to do. We did however get a Wii and the boxing program is such a workout, and you sweat really hard. otherwise exercise videos, Romsemary Coneall and Davina McColl are ones that have always worked for me
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    What about cheap classes at your local recreation center? I paid only $5 a class for Zumba. I also bought a used ellipitical for $80 and I do exercise TV from comcast.
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    Hahaha. Thanks for all of the tips, guys!!

I am EXTREMELY self conscious and I don't like running in public because I feel like I'm too fat and out of shape...

One thing I did look into was the ondemand fitness channels, and Fios has one!! So we've been doing that! :]
  • danirose31
    danirose31 Posts: 3
    Options
    I don't know about where you live, but thru Comcast on demand there are tons of excersize shows that you can do.