Hiding from people.

Options
2»

Replies

• w0den
    w0den Posts: 84
    Options
    Yes! Absolutely! I avoid going to public places. I don't want to be seen. I think that's why I have such a battle with fast food. I don't even want to go inside the grocery store :(
  • Superstar_81
    Superstar_81 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You're definitely not alone!! I lost about 25lbs using mfp a few years ago and sine putting weight back on, i avoid social situations, have lost contact with old friends and even changed jobs because I actually feel so ashamed I couldnt keep it up! Back on it now though, feeling a bit happier...if you ever need support Im here ☺ x
  • conbi
    conbi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I always feel like this, I never want to go out anymore and don't want my bf to see me naked because I'm ashamed and feel ugly, but he doesn't understand. I can't even look at myself in the mirror anymore I feel so disgusted by myself :'(
  • mendoza7279
    Options
    You put into words what I've been feeling for such a long time. This past Christmas really brought home the need for change, especially as I avoided taking any pictures with my children. As I scanned through the pics on my phone, I realize that I'm not in any of them. So tired of the status quo, ready to be a happier, healthier me. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, it's an amazing feeling to realize that I'm not alone.
  • kimberlyrenee2008
    kimberlyrenee2008 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way girl. I'm usually outgoing and social and recently I haven't felt like going out with friends and I've even been dressing sloppier. I figure it's because I'm not happy with myself anymore. I joined myfitnesspal again hoping to bring out the old me! We just need our confidence back!! Feel free to add me so we can help motivate each other and get control of our bodies again :)
  • kalvaflores1
    kalvaflores1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    HaideeJo13 wrote: »
    I have done this same exact thing the last few months. I do not want to go anywhere, I don't want to see anyone that knows me because I too am the heaviest I have ever been. Its depressing. I don't even want my husband to see me naked because I am so uncomfortable. I have always been a pretty fit person, I have had my moments where I gained weight but never this much. It totally controls my life. Its all I think about. I am finally saying enough is enough, I can not keep living like this. I make my husband go shopping and go pick up my kids form school because I don't want anyone to see me ;( I HAVE to get back into shape and get happy about myself again.

Hi I really thought something is wrong with me because I feel the same way. Everything you said is exactly what is going on with me. I get those moments were I really hate myself for letting me get this way and really can't understand how much of a zombie mode I must of been in to get this fat. And I think it's crazy because I still sabotage myself no matter how important I know this is to me. I have been at this for about a year and a few months, I have last 35 pounds but still need to lose 75 more.......this makes me want to scream, cry, and then I get mad. I am taking it one day at a time and try to do at least two weeks of planning so I can get back on the wagon of shedding the shame that I have brought upon myself.
    Sorry got carried away. ..but best of luck to you and everyone on here on our journey to completing our goals and struggles.
  • nightglo
    nightglo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It was such a relief to read this thread - though I am sorry that so many of us feel so ashamed of our bodies. I've never been this heavy (I've been overweight since I was 10 though) and even feel self conscious taking out the recycling these days, let alone seeing people who would have realized I'd gained a lot of weight 40lbs ago. And even more so because they have seen me lose a lot of weight and there's the added shame of gaining it back plus much more. The self hatred I feel is enormous and all consuming and I hope I soon learn to give myself a break. Thank you for helping me feel less alone by posting this.
  • vbianca2728
    Options
    In my 20s I 109%related to that until I realized I was Fat and I came to terms with that. Once I accepted me, I didnt care what anyone thought, my confidence didn't happen overnight. Nobody can make you feel like "*kitten*" if you know who you are and your worth, because at the end of the day Life goes On and those people you "think" are making fun go on about their day and your left hiding in the shadows. Don't ever give someone your "Power". Take baby steps but put yourself out there, Cause you deserve it, your living and you deserve to be happy and live! Do you!!
  • Linzer140fit
    Linzer140fit Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Think about the friends in your life. They are your friends because you like them, you like their personality, they loving, kind and fun. This description probably fits all of you as well. People will like you for you whether you weigh 20 plus pounds more than you should or no. Go ahead and start your weight loss journey but don't let getting to your destination first keep you from living your life now. It's hard sometimes, I know. Get a couple clothing items that camouflage the bad, accent the good, and no longer deprive others of your wonderful selves!!!
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I know how you're feeling. I've noticed that I rarely go anywhere new, for that reason... would people be shocked at how big I am.
  • Negriita2010
    Negriita2010 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    yes iam with you ladies...i have never been skinny in my life and i really didnt care i felt good in my body in 2012-2013 i managed to lose 70lbs it was amazing i looked great felt great all the good stuff i fel 100% confident but in sept2013 i got pregnant and had a beautiful bby girl by the end of my pregnancy i had went from 155-220 2weeks postpartum i was back in 190 but instead of me trying to lose weight i binge ate and got bk up to 220 now i feel so depressed and disappointed i hate my body now and i feel so unattrective ive caught my hubby looking at other girls and that makes me feel even worst