10 pounds before March

Options
I'm starting a new challenge. Everybody and anybody is welcome to join. I will post here daily of my experiences and help motivate anybody who wants to join me. I don't really want time wasters here, if you are serious about your goal reply to this thread!!

Replies

• yvetaylor
    yvetaylor Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • karpuz12369
    Options
    I'm in I need to lose 14ibs by March
  • insanitystudent
    insanitystudent Posts: 8
    edited January 2015
    Options
    awesome :) im 165 roughly right now, i want to get down to 155. here's how i plan to lose the weight
    exercise - 30mins of insanity in morning except sundays, weight training 3 times a week
    food - 1 bowl of rice a day
    drink - 1 litre of water, 0.5 litres of black tea with sugar, 1 cup herbal tea
    i've taken before pics, i find it motivating to look at in the morning, it puts me in a more fighting mood. i've cut out all junk food, i'll decide later on what i want to treat myself to.

How are you all planning to lose the weight?
  • Tre553
    Tre553 Posts: 1
    Options
    Im in!!
  • insanitystudent
    Options
    what are you all eating and how are you all exercising? ive started drinking 3 cups of green tea a day
  • wadayc
    wadayc Posts: 3
    Options
    awesome :) im 165 roughly right now, i want to get down to 155. here's how i plan to lose the weight
    exercise - 30mins of insanity in morning except sundays, weight training 3 times a week
    i've taken before pics, i find it motivating to look at in the morning, it puts me in a more fighting mood. i've cut out all junk food, i'll decide later on what i want to treat myself to.

I'd rather not lose weight than only eat 1 bowl of rice a day.
  • randomworldgirl
    randomworldgirl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    wadayc wrote: »

I'd rather not lose weight than only eat 1 bowl of rice a day.

^^ This
  • insanitystudent
    Options
    i was pretty hungry yesterday actually. how about adding another bowl of just veggies or a bowl of oats?
  • insanitystudent
    Options
    hows the challenge going for everybody?
  • vfauvarque
    Options
    I m in!
  • vfauvarque
    Options
    i was pretty hungry yesterday actually. how about adding another bowl of just veggies or a bowl of oats?

If you are training with insanity, you should eat a lot! I did it for a month than I stopped because it was causing me headaches. Insanity is really hard, you won't be able to keep with it if you are not eating properly.

• vfauvarque
    Options
    It's hard for me to resist the temptation of sugar.. I will take your advice, start drinking 3 cups of green tea a day. One step at a time
  • LifeIsGoodAZ
    LifeIsGoodAZ Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation! I'm in! I need to lose 10 pounds by the end of February. I have a 5K and I do not need to be carrying around extra me for that!
    Here's how I'm going to get there:
    - 1000-1200 calories a day.
    - Log every bite, every day. (Sadly, it all counts, doesn't it?!)
    - Run (or at least walk) every day. No excuses.
    - Meet my weaknesses head on and find solutions. Weaknesses: after work, after dinner.

Today is my third day of logging. I know - not much of a streak, but I'm going to really try to be faithful. I lost 12 pounds last year and felt awesome. I kept most of it off for a year but now it's creaping back.

Good luck today to everyone! One day at a time...
  • PBlilacs
    Options
    I would like to join this! I am SLOWLY getting up the courage to take care of myself again after some surgery that set me back last year. So perhaps this will be the motivation I need to really put my health first.
  • brain328
    brain328 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Please, please, no one take this advice of eating nothing but a bowl of rice a day!!! THAT IS BADDDDD FOR YOU! You need to be eating at least 1200 calories a day, especially more if you're working out. That's a good way to end up in the hospital. Bad decision.
  • LifeIsGoodAZ
    LifeIsGoodAZ Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Today was my 5th day since getting back to MFP. I put on jeans and didn't feel quite as much like a stuffed sausage as I did last week. One day at a time and those jeans are going to feel better and better, maybe even with some loose material. Good luck with the weekend! Stay strong everyone!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to kick 10 lbs by March. (Close to my birthday.)

My plan is to eat 3 meals a day (as recommended by my doctor), keep lifting at the gym, incorporate more cardio (5 days a week instead of 3), and eat as clean as possible (aka limit sugar, cause it's my weakness).
  • katekc22
    katekc22 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I'm already trying to lose 5 by February 14th, so 10 pounds March would be awesome!