Not new but starting over

Options
chrissyb1985
chrissyb1985 Posts: 110 Member
edited January 2015 in Getting Started
I join MFP a while back and did pretty good for a while. Then life happened. I let myself get derailed with medical issues, school, job, and being a mom. I am starting fresh and I would love to have friends who are also serious about a change. I am 3 months post op from a total hysterectomy so the exercise part is starting slowly. Due to complications I was just recently cleared to start exercising again. I will be 30 this year and I looking to start a new decade on the right track! Feel free to add me!

5'2"
HW: 198
CW: 192
GW: 135

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Hey there Chrissy,
    Withing you complete success with your healthy lifestyle!

Giving it 110% will give you the same in return, give it your all.. You got this!!!!

Adam
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! And good luck! You have more tools for success this time around so there's every reason to be optimistic.

Last August I restarted -- for the fourth time! This time I'm determined that life will not get in the way, no matter what.

One thing that has rescued me from momentary apathy a few times over the last months is my desire to keep my "days in a row" number growing. For some reason, being absolutely consistent with my logging has made an enormous difference this time.

I've realized that allowing "time off" or "cheat days" works against me mentally, emotionally and physically. It ultimately derails me and sends me into the weight gain cycle again.

I know you didn't ask for advice, but I humbly, caringly offer it: Think of Dori in Nemo and repeat, "Just keep logging!"
  • FatMommaMel
    FatMommaMel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! Add me! I'm on this journey all over again too. :smiley:
  • Samina1215
    Samina1215 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    lefty421 wrote: »
    Welcome back! And good luck! You have more tools for success this time around so there's every reason to be optimistic.

Last August I restarted -- for the fourth time! This time I'm determined that life will not get in the way, no matter what.

One thing that has rescued me from momentary apathy a few times over the last months is my desire to keep my "days in a row" number growing. For some reason, being absolutely consistent with my logging has made an enormous difference this time.

I've realized that allowing "time off" or "cheat days" works against me mentally, emotionally and physically. It ultimately derails me and sends me into the weight gain cycle again.

I know you didn't ask for advice, but I humbly, caringly offer it: Think of Dori in Nemo and repeat, "Just keep logging!"

Thanks a MILLION!!! I really needed to see that :)
  • sarbuck
    sarbuck Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Chrissy!

I too am starting over again. A few years ago I lost a ton of weight. Unfortunately due to some health issues I gained it all back plus 12 extra pounds. I am 33 yrs old and our stats are similar. Here are mine:

5'1"

HW: 196
    CW: 192
    GW: 130

Feel free to add me!
  • hawaiiandream
    hawaiiandream Posts: 43 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Our stats are very close, feel free to add me too :)
  • metiva
    metiva Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i started today -- freshly brand new to MFP.

This is my highest weight ever and very close to yalls stat also.
    Please add me.

4'11"

HW:194
    CW: 194
    GW:140
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have lost 105 lbs and still have 145 to lose. Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • kittycupcake
    Options
    Hawai'i Girl, looking for MFP friends!

5'3"

HW: 208
    CW: 174
    GW: 145

Not really tracking weight loss but inches loss!
  • Legal743
    Legal743 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Chrissy I am 5' 2" also. I have used this before after joining numerous slimming clubs which worked for a while and made me feel totally down in myself. I have my daughters wedding in june and need to lose around 25lb. We can help each other :)
  • Fayeworth
    Fayeworth Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am re-starting after 6 months off MFP. I am in the UK.

5"8
    HW:182
    CW: 160
  • ellejay1214
    ellejay1214 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey hey! I'm starting over too after pretty much a whole year off. Every now and then last year, I would get back to MFP for a week or so and then go off on a binge. I am starting again this year so I can feel stronger and more solid.

5'4"
    HW: 198
    CW: 185

Feel free to add me! I keep my diary public.
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Fayeworth we are pretty close in our targets too! I am Clare and I'm also from the UK. Lost over 2 stone back in 2012 and have nearly gained it all back. as everyone else says life got in the way and changing jobs has played havoc with my exercise routine (as in now I am back to doing nothing!)

So here goes
    5'5"
    HW 168
    CW 158
    GW 140
  • 2124angelsgirl
    Options
    Hi girls! I just started about a week ago, need to lose weight for a wedding in June, but going for a healthy lifestyle instead of a diet this time. Add me!
    5'1"
    HW: 185
    CW: 180
  • klgils
    klgils Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Chrissy! I just had a total hysterectomy in October also. I am starting over as well. Feeling really good about it so far. I am 54 so it's a little tougher for me to get moving. I am thrilled to have two days under my belt.
  • klgils
    klgils Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I guess I will come clean with my info:
    5'9"
    CW 228 lbs
    GW 175 lbs

I have fibromyalgia and arthritis and am always in pain. But I am committed to a healthy lifestyle. It is tough to exercise through the pain. I know it will get easier as I do more and more.
  • KelSquash
    KelSquash Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Feel free to add me too. Starting over, and more committed! Busy pre-med student and nanny convince and scheduling keeps me on track.
    Stats:
    5'7
    HW: 199
    CW: 197.4
    GW1: 155
    GW2: 140

I'm the highest I have ever been. All recent weight gain from 170 to now in last couple of months. All my sister and mom have been diagnosed with thyroid issues so I'll be getting blood work done soon to have a baseline of where I'm starting with everything. Always a great idea for everyone!
  • packergirl091
    Options
    Hello girls!! I have gained 25lbs over the last 2 years finishing college and working full time and hit 160 pounds right before Christmas. I decided to make a lifestyle change and I am looking forward to a new and healthier me! Add me and we can work towards our goals together!!

5' 6"
    HW:161
    CW: 158

• Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been working towards a healthy life style for a while now. I've made the commitment to myself that I don't want to be as heavy as I am for health and vanity. I think a support group has been missing in the past to help me reach my goals, so I've been trying to reach out to the MFP community more. Feel free to add me!

5'3"
    HW: 165
    CW: 162

P.S. I'm following a Keto/LCHF lifestyle.
  • DucktasticallySlim
    DucktasticallySlim Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm restarting too. I have been as heavy as 230 and as small as 158. I need help getting my act together to keep the weight off for good. I would love some more motivation.
    5'7"
    HW: 230
    CW: 175