No meat

Options
Need some advise on using this and being vegan it tells me Iam eating to much sugar because I eat a lot of fruit...thanks

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Ignore that, the sugar limit on the default MFP is insanely low.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Sugar will always show high on here. Just try to focus on reducing added sugars.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

I generally agree.

Unless you have a medical or health reason to track sugar, I'd ignore it (or better yet, remove it from your diary settings). Start with the basics - total cals, fat, carbs, and protein. Once you have a good handle on those, then you can pay attention to the smaller details if you want.
  • baneenerwiener
    baneenerwiener Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've edited all my daily allowances on here lol and sugar is definitely one I've raised because I was tired of it saying I've had too much! I eat raw till 4 vegan so I definitely eat a lot of fruit. Either edit it to raise your allowances or ignore it (:
  • jamiedean99
    jamiedean99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Won'
    jacksonpt wrote: »

I generally agree.

Unless you have a medical or health reason to track sugar, I'd ignore it (or better yet, remove it from your diary settings). Start with the basics - total cals, fat, carbs, and protein. Once you have a good handle on those, then you can pay attention to the smaller details if you want.

When should I change my weight once a week?
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I dont track sugar or carbs.
  • jordanveg
    jordanveg Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I replaced my sugar tracking with fiber. I eat a moderate (2-3) servings a day, and am always over on sugar. Don't stress it.
  • nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    What everybody else said -- ignore the sugar recommendations on here completely. I don't eat refined sugar, so all of my sugars come from fruit also (go vegan!)!
  • phungpat
    Options
    Sugar will always show high on here. Just try to focus on reducing added sugars.

^^^Second that.
  • horrorghoul
    horrorghoul Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This was my issue too!! I am glad there are other people that agree to ignore the sugar intake. I mean as soon as I eat a banana, cherries, and strawberries, than I am done for sugar for the rest of the day.