Seafood Restaurant Tonight

Options
Aymzc
Aymzc Posts: 159 Member
I'm out for dinner tonight, this is the menu
http://www.bluefinrestaurant.co.uk/pdfs/bluefin-restaurant-online-ala-carte-291014.pdf what would you suggest is going to be the best option. I have a voucher for a starter and a main. I was thinking maybe crayfish salad followed by the seafood stew.
I have 944 cals left for the day. am I allowing myself enough for the meal? How do you log your meals when you go out? Do you just log the ingredients you can see seperately?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I doubt that 944 calories is going to be enough, but I wouldn't sweat it, one day a bit over isn't going to make a huge difference...

It's one of those things where I frankly don't see anything that strikes me as obviously low calories (the stew has cream, everything else probably has butter or whatnot) so I'd go with whatever you like frankly. Everything looks delicious...

To log I'd just pick an equivalent entry in the database, keeping in mind that it's probably going to be way off anyway.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure you have no chance in logging that at all haha

Dude the salmon risotto!!!!
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I doubt that 944 calories is going to be enough, but I wouldn't sweat it, one day a bit over isn't going to make a huge difference...

It's one of those things where I frankly don't see anything that strikes me as obviously low calories (the stew has cream, everything else probably has butter or whatnot) so I'd go with whatever you like frankly. Everything looks delicious...

To log I'd just pick an equivalent entry in the database, keeping in mind that it's probably going to be way off anyway.

All of this ^^^
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Starter - Oysters (I'm assuming they're on the 1/2 shell

Main - Mixed Seafood Grill

I would think that would easily be within 944 calories...and lots of brotein.

I actually don't go out that often so I never really worry about it. I generally try to just make good nutritional decisions (above is lots of lean protein), but I also don't sweat it if I feel like some fish and chips or whatever either. Like I said, I don't go out all that often so when I do I just enjoy myself...my weight control isn't about the couple of nights per month that I might go out to eat...it's about what I'm doing the other 29 days or so.

If you must, just find something similar from a restaurant that posts nutritional information...but personally I just like to enjoy myself when I go out.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to order modestly (in terms of calories), understand you'll probably be over your goal but under maintenance calories, and start fresh tomorrow. If you really want to keep it under control, go for low carb, lean protein and low fat. Also, no alcohol or dessert.

OR you could just eat what you want, realize that life is going to happen and that you should enjoy yourself periodically, and go back to being a good girl tomorrow.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    put me down for the scallops and Mixed seafood grill. :)
    I always tell people if you are going to a restaurant look at the menu ahead of time. Way easier to make good choices
  • Patrick0321
    Patrick0321 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    The best options are Fried calamari and then the mixed seafood grill.

The best option calories wise would probably be oysters or the red mullet followed by the grilled swordfish
  • Aymzc
    Aymzc Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies everyone. I'll see if they have anything different when I get there then decide. I'll let you know what I decide!