Closet eater

Options
I find it pretty easy to not eat when I'm around people but then I get home alone (esp at night) and I snack away my whole day. Any tips for staving off those late night binges

Replies

• pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I start snacking because I'm starving when I get home from work, and then next thing you know, I've eating at least 500 calories just by having a handful of this and a bite of that.

What is helping (I'm not perfect yet!) is meal planning. I take an afternoon snack to work, and eat it about 30 min before I leave for the day. As I sit on my bus ride home, I flip to the recipe I'm making for dinner (and I always try new recipes - it keeps it interesting/exciting for me) - and then that's what I do when I get home. So I may have dinner at 5:30, but it's what my body need to not go into some snacking frenzy.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I agree with Pittjenn. Eat during the day. If i get too hungry I tend to eat too much at night. I also make sure to only keep healthy snacks on hand. If I want a cookie or something like that I have to go buy one or bake it. Either way there is less of a chance to mindlessly snack on cookies.
  • LeoraPT
    LeoraPT Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thnx. Sounds like great advice. Keep up the good work. I will too :)
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I could have written that post!!! My go to snacks are cookies and trail mix, very calorie heavy! Definitely planning (and tracking) all my meals and snacks the day before keeps me on track! It's like I have committed to those foods and I stick to it.
  • ElizabethNJ
    ElizabethNJ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. When I'm out or with others I'm ok, but at home it's harder for me. Since I'm in control of grocery shopping I get control over what snacks are in the house, so I just don't buy things I'll regret eating. This way I won't be tempted to snack or binge (I'm lookin' at you pringles!).