Options
    Me too!
  • mneophytou664
    Options
    Hi I'm a vegan
  • janyoung69
    janyoung69 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi guys I'm just wondering how to get on the community feet so that I often see what other people are doing?
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 563 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Me, too, with occasional ovo-lacto lapses. I cook only vegan, though. One way would simply be to friend each other and make sure to post frequently. I'd love new ideas for super fast, super healthy vegan meals, for example. I've been on here for 15 days and have lost 5lbs out of 30. I'm a bit older than most of you, though, at 53. My family has been vegetarian since 1990, and I raised 2 kids vegetarian. My daughter is now 18 and vegan and on here, too.
  • mrsvilla513
    Options
    Hi! Im new to the vegan lifestyle. Loving it so far! I feel amazing! And ive lost 5 pounds :)
  • genelantz
    genelantz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey vegans, do vegans pay any particular attention to salt content? I'm a cardiac patient who must (start to) watch my sodium, else I swell up and can't breath. There's a nice Spiral Vegan restaurant near my house, but I don't know if they keep the sodium low or not. I'm not overly impressed with their overally commitment to health, as I see the wait-staff outside smoking every time I go by there. ==
  • jessypug
    jessypug Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    genelantz wrote: »
    Hey vegans, do vegans pay any particular attention to salt content? I'm a cardiac patient who must (start to) watch my sodium, else I swell up and can't breath. There's a nice Spiral Vegan restaurant near my house, but I don't know if they keep the sodium low or not. I'm not overly impressed with their overally commitment to health, as I see the wait-staff outside smoking every time I go by there. ==

I don't usually add any salt to my meals and I'm mindful of the things that I buy, I try to make sure only the odd couple of things I buy have salt in them.
  • ponypal9
    ponypal9 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan! ^_^
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    hi there,
    I am not a vegan but aim to eat mostly vegetarian meals.
  • driczal
    driczal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    almost - I sometimes use Whole Food organic, cage-free egg whites and wild salmon but otherwise completely vegan

Sprepej - I'm older than you. 55. Have raised 1 daughter vegetarian. Manage a house with 2 meat eaters (husband and 16 yo son), 1 almost vegan (me) and 1 vegetarian (14 yo daughter - Her choice at age 5. When she realized Chicken McNuggets were actual chickens she was done with meat). Dinners can be interesting but doable.

I live in California. EVERYone has a dietary restriction of some sort - gluten-free, sugar-free, low carb, etc. It's part of the culture. :)
  • 2getinshape
    2getinshape Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I went vegan as of yesterday! I appreciate any help in the first week of changing my eating lifestyle!
  • tammytjf79
    Options
    A few found favorites on my Vegan journey have been the Gardein "Meatless Meats" are by far the best meat alternative for a quick healthy and delicious meal, Food for Life Sprouted Grain cinnamon raisin bread (vegan), VeganSmart All-in-One Nutrition Shake Vegan protein powder(chocolate is DELICIOUS) and the quality is good too! :) (I stumbled yesterday and today with dairy) :/ "been on a vegan journey for 6 mos now". =)
  • luckyclover78
    luckyclover78 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Me for about 3 years now. I do my best. Probably 98% vegan. :)
  • angiecassimatis
    Options
    *Raises hand of bananas*

(haw haw haw)
  • nashm94
    nashm94 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Vegan too
  • stormy919
    stormy919 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian for 10 years, vegan for 1 year. I just joined my fitness pal mainly to track my workouts and fat intake. I just want to shed a little fat and tone up :)

Is there a vegan group on here anywhere?
  • Whozinky
    Whozinky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Vegan present!
  • corrinab2705
    corrinab2705 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me too x