Has anyone used their S Health on their galaxy phones?

Options
I have the Galaxy 5 which has the S Health on it. It counts your steps and tells you how much you burn during walking. Does anyone know how accurate it is?

Replies

• btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    It seems to be pretty accurate for me, when I keep my phone on me. I've had for 7 months or so. I also have a pedometer on me all the time and can compare them. They generally match when I compare them head to head before and after a shopping trip or a run.

I don't always have my phone on me though, so I set S Health for about 2.5k less steps than I really want to get, don't wear my phone when I'm puttering about the house and both it and my pedometer seem to agree when I've gotten my steps in for the day or haven't.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I just use it to motivate myself to move more. I don't worry about the calories or anything.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I've used mine along with the runkeeper app that uses GPS to figure distance. My runkeeper claimed I went 1.4 miles. The S- health claimed that I went 1.7 miles. It's not real accurate, but there is no way to calibrate it to your normal step distance like with other pedometers. I do like to use it to try to hit the 10,000 step goal, but I've heard it isn't real accurate with that either, but neither was my old pedometer.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it, but I've yet to find the heart rate function to be consistent or easy to use. It requires you to be still (useless if I'm trying to do it while walking) and will vary greatly with little differences in pressure on the pad.
  • Sweetnothing78
    Sweetnothing78 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I checked the accuracy tonight by using a walk at home dvd. When I reached the 5 mile point on the dvd my s health also said I had completed 5 miles. I'm so happy to finally have an app for counting steps that is accurate. I tried mapmyfitness and runtastic which didn't work well with my phone. Hope this helps.
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I use my S Heath for hiking and walking, and use the pedometer a lot more now too. They all seem pretty accurate. With run keeper j van be side by side with my friend for an entire walk or huke, and we will haVe way different readings.

Have you figured out how to log your daily steps?
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I use it to track steps and it is accurate on step count, but not distance (for me, but I am tall). That does not bother me though because I ONLY use S Health as a step counter. Whenever I am running I use an app like Endomondo. I don't log strength or stretching here so I don't track that myself.

One feature on mine that was surprisingly close to accurate was the heart rate monitor. I thought it could never be that accurate because o the way it uses the phone camera. I have only used to it compare my resting heart rate in the morning against actually reading my pulse manually. The most it has ever been off is by 3 bpm. A poster above mentioned that the HRM is difficult to use...it is. Your finger has to be placed just right and you have to hold still for a few seconds. So it is only good, in my opinion, for something like resting heart rate. It would be too much of a pain to bother with if you stop in the middle of a workout to try and get a heart rate.