The biggest person I know?

Options
I am... the biggest person I know.

100lb plus to lose...

I have done well before, lost 30lbs in 2005, then gained 50. Lost 50lbs in 2011 but then gained 70. I need to break the routine, I can't handle the pain in my back, legs and feet every day.

Sorry to be so negative..

Replies

• susansmoaks
    susansmoaks Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    you can do it, you are worth it, take it one meal/snack at a time.
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Francesca. Now you know someone bigger than you! :)

Seriously though, don't sweat it. Just keep working on it, and you'll get to your goal.
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    There are so many people out there in your shoes, there are tons on here that have been or are in the same situation as you.

Make a commitment to yourself, you have a great MFP community to support you. No one one here will tell you to do anything crazy, cut out all the foods you enjoy or exercise 15 hours a day. Best advice on here, buy a food scale and eat a calorie deficit.

You got this! Take it one step, meal, day at a time!

Best wishes to you!
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Know how you feel - in late 2013 I was watching a football game and as they went through the roster I realized that I weighed as much as the offensive lineman. In a few cases, more.... That wasn't a great day. But you can absolutely do it.
  • walkonfire5
    walkonfire5 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I started at 323 pounds i am now 291
  • socialone74
    socialone74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Don't apologize and you are not being negative! This is a supportive community and welcome!! I have gone up and done too many times and I am right there with you ... as are many others. Feel friend to friend me and build your new support community around you!

Good Luck!
  • MSWDiet
    MSWDiet Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    MANY PEOPLE HAVE FOUND A WAY TO LOOSE AND MAINTAIN 100LBS, 200LBS AND MORE. SOME PEOPLE WILL NEVER ENCOUNTER SUPER MORBIDLY OBESE FOLKS BUT THERE ARE LOADS OF SURVIVORS OUT THERE. OVER COMING OBESITY IS NEVER EASY. TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME UNTIL YOU FIND WHAT WORKS FOR YOU. I'VE ENCOUNTERED THOSE THAT LOST 500LBS PLUS AND WERE MAINTAINING. YOU CAN AND WILL FIND YOUR WAY TO LOOSING 100LBS.

THERE ARE MANY GROUPS ON THIS SITE AND LOADS OF OTHERS SITES EACH WITH DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES ON OBESITY AND WEIGHT LOSS. SEEK OUT THE SUPPORT THAT WORKS FOR YOUR NEEDS. SEEK OUT THE RIGHT DIET FOR YOUR HEALTH AND LIFESTYLE. FIND PEOPLE ONLINE AND IN LIFE THAT ARE SUPPORTIVE DURING YOUR UPS AND DOWNS. YOUR SUPPORT OF OTHERS IS EQUALLY IMPORTANT TO YOUR SUCCESS AS IS THEIR SUPPORT OF YOU.

DON'T GIVE UP ON YOUR SUCCESS. MY SUCCESS TOOK MULTIPLE APPROACHES AND I WILL FOREVER BE A WORK IN PROGRESS. WHEN YOU FEEL NEGATIVE, REMEMBER UPS AND DOWNS ARE PART OF THE PROCESS. NEVER GIVE UP ON YOU.

I TYPE LOUD CAUSE I SEE SOFT ;-)
  • yetagainhereweare
    yetagainhereweare Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks people. I've been looking through some of the success stories and I'm ready to hit it hard. Found a gym 24/7 access for £100 for the year. Can get in there when there's no one else about. Yay :-) I am kicking off with shake meal replacement to shift the first 15-20lbs. Wish me luck and feel free to befriend me.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If you're ready to make this a priority, you can do it. I lost 185 pounds.