Chocolate

Options
how are you all keeping the craving for chocolate undercontrol

Replies

• amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I don't. I have a piece whenever I feel like it. just keep it within your macros and you should be fine.
  • cleo159
    cleo159 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been eating chocolate. I buy fancy gourmet dark chocolate bars and just break off a square or two (rather than sitting down with a bag of fun sized butterfingers and the remote control, as in the old days). The good stuff has a really good chocolately flavor, and because I know it was so pricey I really savor it. It doesn't work out to be too many calories.

Now, if I could only find something to kill my cravings for pastries and cakes...
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Buy a box of high quality, individually wrapped chocolates. Freeze the entire box.

When you are craving chocolate, take ONE piece out to thaw.

You'd be surprised how much this curbs it and how much more you enjoy it. Think about it: that last bite of a candy bar is nowhere as delicious as the first bite. This method makes all your chocolate experience the first bite.

And it slows down your eating sweets. At some point you realize you don't want to EAT chocolate - you want to taste it. Cravings are (I think) about taste, not getting full off of sweets.

• SherrieBee71
    SherrieBee71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness I'm not a fan of chocolate. If I want a piece. I'll borrow a square of my kiddos Hersey bar.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I keep my cravings under control by eating some every once in a while. Whenever I want some, I get my chocolate out. Since it's dark chocolate (I simply adore dark chocolate :heart_eyes: ) I'll eat at most 1/3 of a bar. Then I'm satisfied. Don't take chocolate out of your life. Just make it fit into your daily calories. :flowerforyou:
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    By satisfying my cravings, and actually eating chocolate while making it fit into my daily calorie intake.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I buy the individually wrapped mini york peppermint pattys and account for them in my calories for the day. This is a way that I don't feel like I am giving up anything. Some days I will have a tootie roll pop and just add those to my daily count.