That Hungry Feeling....again....

Options
How do you combat that "hungry" feeling? How do you help your tummy feel like it's full? Most days I can brush it off and just deal with it, but other days it's hard not to dive bomb my kitchen and go nuts. A friend at work suggested meal replacement bars such as Adkins. Perhaps a smoothie with protein powder in the morning when I get home from work (I work nights) along with my breakfast? Thanks for options, suggestions, and insight. =)

Replies

• La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    when does the hunger strike? that will depend on my answer. sometimes we think we are hungry when we are thirsty so i guess i would say first, drink a glass of water and see if that helps. sometimes we feel hungry when we are bored, so in that case, try to read or exercise, or do something to otherwise occupy your mind. if you really are hungry between meals, i personally would eat a piece of cheese, some beef jerky, a handful of nuts/seeds or berries. half a banana, yogurt (small) or a Lara bar.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    If your goal is 2300 calories, why are you only eating 1200? Of course you're going to be hungry...
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hit your fat and protein macros, that may assist with satiety. Drink sufficient water. And don't create too huge of a calorie deficit.