20/20 Diet (Dr Phil)

Options
2»

Replies

• Suezyq47
    Suezyq47 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    BJPCraig wrote: »
    Quick question, Suezqu47: My wife & I are very interested in this book (we really like Dr. Phil), but we're vegetarians. With the food choices, would we be able to follow this diet, or is it not veggie friendly?

I am not to sure, it does allow for subsitutions (eg eggs substitute for tofu, whey protein for green protein powder), it does include lentils, chickpeas. The first Phase only includes Cod, Whey Protein, Yogurt, and Eggs which would have to be substituted for vegetarian choices. I was looking in the book and didn't really see where it specified vegetarian diet options. There is a lot of nuts (walnuts, almonds, pistacios) in the plan. I guess as a vegetarian you would have to substitute your own healthy options.

• Suezyq47
    Options
    I start Phase 3 today and am down 8.2 lbs and 8 inches (from my waist hips, thighs, and stomach). I feel great. Looking forward to 80 new recipes and more weight loss. I thing I like the most so far is that I am not hungry bewteen meals and I have been able to resist indulging in sweets and alcohol. I hope that this continues as I am sure it will.
  • cml922
    cml922 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Glad it is going great for you Suezy! I am starting phase 3 tomorrow. I need to go food shopping for all the right healthy options to make the meals. I'm looking forward to them! I've also started my fitness routine this week. I will weigh myself tomorrow to see how the first 10 days went! I definitely feel better and have more energy!
  • Suezyq47
    Options
    cml922 wrote: »
    Glad it is going great for you Suezy! I am starting phase 3 tomorrow. I need to go food shopping for all the right healthy options to make the meals. I'm looking forward to them! I've also started my fitness routine this week. I will weigh myself tomorrow to see how the first 10 days went! I definitely feel better and have more energy!

That's great!
  • roblsalty
    roblsalty Posts: 12
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I am on day 3 of phase 2. And so far down 8 lbs! I do not crave anything and do not feel hungry at all throughout the day. My favorite is the smoothies. So glad to hear someone else is having success on this plan as well.
  • Suezyq47
    Options
    roblsalty wrote: »
    I am on day 3 of phase 2. And so far down 8 lbs! I do not crave anything and do not feel hungry at all throughout the day. My favorite is the smoothies. So glad to hear someone else is having success on this plan as well.

I know, I like the smoothies too and the Lentil Saute is my favorite too. I am in Phase 3 (5 days in) and still amazed that I am not really hungry! I like most of the recipes so I think this is going to work long term for me
  • Suezyq47
    Options
    I am at 10.8 lbs lost since Jan 1 on this diet. Still feeling great and no hunger between meals:)
  • LettingTheSmallStuffGo
    Options
    Amazing weight loss! Congrats to all of you! Whatever works for you, keep working it!
  • roblsalty
    Options
    I am starting Phase 3 tomorrow. Just went shopping. Will do a final weigh tomorrow morning to see what my total was for the first 10 days. Last night I tried on all my pants that were too small for the last two years but was not willing to get rid of just yet. EVERY SINGLE PAIR fit again. In fact one pair is even too big! Haha! (I didn't do measurements before starting just figured I would go by how clothes fit).
  • roblsalty
    Options
    Suezyq47 wrote: »
    I am at 10.8 lbs lost since Jan 1 on this diet. Still feeling great and no hunger between meals:)

Great job! Keep it going. :smile:
  • Suezyq47
    Options
    I am starting Phase 3 tomorrow. Just went shopping. Will do a final weigh tomorrow morning to see what my total was for the first 10 days. Last night I tried on all my pants that were too small for the last two years but was not willing to get rid of just yet. EVERY SINGLE PAIR fit again. In fact one pair is even too big! Haha! (I didn't do measurements before starting just figured I would go by how clothes fit).

That's great! I have been noticing that my jeans are fitting much better too! I can't wait until they are really loose.
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Come join this group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/102182-dr-phil-the-20-20-diet

I plan on starting soon. It's great that you are having these results!
  • Suezyq47
    Options
    Thanks I just joined:)
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    It seems that this time of year everyone comes out with their own 'diet'.

I'm not on a 'diet' I just consume fewer calories and log using MFP.

It is all about the calories.
  • MCLRAW
    MCLRAW Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wondering what i could replace the cod with?
  • Amishhoho
    Options
    Hi everyone. I just started this program 10 days ago -- starting phase three today. It's been a great way to get my eating under control. I'm down 6 pounds. :-)
  • roblsalty
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • jennynenny143
    jennynenny143 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just started the diet; I'm on day one of Phase 2. I'm down 7 lbs. Have you stuck with the diet so far??

Jenny
  • jennynenny143
    jennynenny143 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

That is so exciting! I can't wait to start to see my weight loss in the fit of my clothing!
  • andidannyelle
    andidannyelle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started this diet...on day two. Looking forward to it, and hearing everyone's responses is so encouraging! :)