P90x weight loss

Options
Has anyone tried p90x for help losing some weight? How long did it take y'all for the scale to start moving?
I feel like I'm working way harder than the scale or measuring tape shows lol

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Nope, but I rely on how much food I eat to lose weight instead of attempting to create a deficit with exercise.
  • lopezcnl
    lopezcnl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Trust me, I'm doing that as well. I'm just using this as an excercise program to help get past the plateau I'm in.
  • Randy589
    Randy589 Posts: 18 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    P90x is more of an exercise program than weight loss program. How long have you been at a plateau?
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    It actually slowed my weight loss down. I only did to day 60 because I was bored with the workouts and wanted to go back to running, not because I got frustrated or because it was too hard.

60 days is a little less than 9 weeks. I lost 6 lbs. I usually lose 1.1-1.5lbs a week (I'm still obese, so that rate is ok for me). I TDEE and was eating the same amount with a similar activity level (strength & cardio). I lost a lot in inches, but not so much in the weight department.

I agree with the above, weight loss is about how much you eat.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    It's done in the kitchen, not the gym.

I'm 8 weeks into a P90X cycle. I find that exercise does nothing for my weight loss (but it does untold wonders for fitness and health!) because what happens is I get hungrier and eat more to compensate for the burn off.

It's all done in the kitchen by restrictions calories. I can be just as effective with weight loss from the kitchen with or without P90X, or any exercise, for that matter.
  • mbcieslak87
    mbcieslak87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I've done p90x and p90x3 - didn't lose any significant amount of weight doing either - in fact I was always hungry because of the taxing nature of the exercises!

While I didn't lose any weight (which I don't have much to lose, so that might be a factor too) I did notice significant gains in strength and it burned off a lot of my cellulite on my booty (yay plyo).

I think if you're new-ish to exercise and looking for a full body workout, p90x can be a good option (although it can be injury inducing too), but in general - eat less to lose weight and exercise for health. If you're looking for exercise to help boost your weight loss or get you out of a plateau, then I think 3x days of cardio and 3x days of heavy lifting are the best bet...but mostly it's just your diet.
  • JENELYNN76
    Options
    Lol...I could only last two weeks..so can't say.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Don't just track weight. Track inches as well... waist, hips, arms and neck. Weight is just one mark of progress...
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Progress photos are really important with any exercise program. You can often see things with side-by-side comparisons on a screen that you could never see in the mirror, or that aren't reflected by the scale or measuring tape.