Ice Ice Baby

Options
snarlingcoyote
snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
edited January 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
So I over did it on Sunday and my hip bursitis was acting up. A few Aleve and several days of ice packs later and I'm fine. I'm going for a run this evening, but at the moment I am sitting on two ice packs (one for either hip) just because I'm going to baby my hips for a few days. The odd thing is that, overall, my chronic hip bursitis is much, much better when I run than when I don't run, thanks to all that good muscle building up in my backside.

Make me feel better about the cold. . .tell me you too must ice down some part of your anatomy or wear a knee brace. Anything! My butt is cold here, people!

Replies

• jkbarrack
    jkbarrack Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love Ice. <3 When my tennis elbow was bad ice was the only way I could fall asleep.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I wear a knee brace for every/any workout. In my freezer I have not only various ice packs, but also frozen water balloons. Put one in the small of my back and ooohrrddggggeegddfdfdaaahhhhhhh.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I should ice WAY more often.

Feet
    shoulders
    hips
    knees.

but I rarely do- but if I could ice my feet 2x a week- I would be a happy camper. I'm on them for dance ALL.The.Time. They need it. I just never have time for it.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    ice-ice-baby.jpg
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    ice-ice-baby.jpg

That is awesome!