New Mama! I need motivation and tips!

Options
Hi Everyone! I just had a baby in late September and I'm looking to lose about 40 pounds! The first 20 pounds came off within the first 3 weeks, and I can't get motivated enough to lose the rest. I work full-time and being a new mom- it's hard finding time to cook healthy meals and work out. Excuses, excuses, I know. Any other new moms out there with any tips? Or anyone in general with tips for me? Also, let's be friends! :smiley:

Replies

• esme697
    Options
    Hello, I'm in the same boat! Trying to lose 40 pounds! I'm doing fitness blender exercises videos on YouTube, they are very good and offer short videos for us busy mommies.
  • andreasummer85
    Options
    Youtube videos are a good idea! I will check some out tonight when I get home! Good luck! WE CAN DO THIS!!!
  • ROBtheMFPmachine
    ROBtheMFPmachine Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm not a new mom but I'm on a mission too :p
  • 1106trish
    Options
    Hi I'm a new mom too! Just had my baby in November! I'm new to this app. Looking for motivation as well!
  • changefulal
    changefulal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Grats to all the new mommies out there :)
  • Nancyaburke
    Options
    You can totally do this! Congrats on your beautiful new baby! Please let me know how I can help!
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I say enjoy life... eat within your macro target then squeeze in resistance training ( ie bodyweight exercises at home, DB or BB compound exercises also at home ) you'll be sweet, throw in some leisure cardio with your bub at the pool, power walk in the park, etc.... its a lifestyle see so any activity that you enjoy is at the end of the day energy expenditure... goes to your fatloss bank account ;)
  • andreasummer85
    Options
    Thank you all for the tips and kind words! I feel even more motivated already just by reading these messages. You are all some beautiful souls! Thanks for taking the time to reply and encourage me!
  • Ja_ja_jakeya
    Ja_ja_jakeya Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all the new mommies!!! Losing weight is much easier when you have support from the community so add everyone that you can!
  • Kayciemae02
    Kayciemae02 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I just had a baby in late September and I'm looking to lose about 40 pounds! The first 20 pounds came off within the first 3 weeks, and I can't get motivated enough to lose the rest. I work full-time and being a new mom- it's hard finding time to cook healthy meals and work out. Excuses, excuses, I know. Any other new moms out there with any tips? Or anyone in general with tips for me? Also, let's be friends! :smiley:

^^ Same here! Mine just turned 3 months this week! I started fast paced walking during my lunch breaks to get a little in - I've been getting 2 miles in each day and then I eat my lunch while I work. But the meal planning, and cooking and lunch prep for the next day leave me exhausted. I did look on Pinterest for some exercises to do with baby... there are some good ones out there, I just have yet to try them. :)
  • brischoice
    brischoice Posts: 4
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi my daughter just turn 10 months and I'm still struggling to lose the 40 pounds I put on HELP! Your friendship is needed here :D
  • Triciabargers
    Triciabargers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am also a new mom and am in the same boat! I gained a whopping 65 lbs during pregnancy, and the first 30 came off within weeks, but the rest is being stubborn! I have 35 lbs to lose to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I would like to lose even more than that. My sweet baby boy will be three months on Saturday, and I feel like I'm finally getting enough energy to exercise! (He's still waking every 1 1/2-2 hours in the night to eat). Any new moms, please feel free to add me!
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Jogging stroller! Best gift I got ever! I lost all my preggo weight with breast-feeding but quickly gained it back after I picked up smoking again and then quit. Go to baby-momma workout classes, my 2 year old is too wiggly but you use your infant as a weight for various exercises like squats and whatnot. :smile:
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I also jog on all breaks and I have meal replacement powder here to blend with ice for a low-calorie lunch that I can eat quickly after I walk/run on my lunch.
  • andreasummer85
    Options
    Congrats to all the mommies! We can all do this! It's so nice to see the support and amazing tips! Let's stick together and lose this weight once and for all!! ❤️
  • andreasummer85
    Options
    All of you ladies are soooo pretty! You made this the pretty girl thread! Lol! We all deserve to look and feel our best. I feel so motivated reading all of your comments :)