Starting Insanity Fitness Program!

Options
Hi everyone,

I've recently joined myfitnesspal for a platform of motivation and keeping track of my goals. I'm starting my first round of Insanity (an intense workout program by Beachbody), and looking for anyone who's up to joining the challenge, as well as anyone who has already been through it and wants to share their advice and experience!

I'm changing my diet to assist with the results as well, and am very optimistic. I've done a few of the videos before and I can tell that once you have the determination to get through it, there's no way that you will not see results at the end. So whether it will work is not a question for me, but just consistently keeping with it and maintaining the diet is where the challenge and determination come in.

If anyone has gone through it before, please do share what your goals were, when you started to see the changes and how big the changes were.

Goal weight loss over next 4 months: 30-40 lbs

I plan to check in atleast weekly with results and my progress. Here I go! All the best :)

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    Loving the enthusiasm, it sounds like you definately have the right attitude to put you on the right path to success with Insanity and your healthy lifestyle there-after!

Wishing you complete success, give it 110% and you'll get 110% back out of it!!

All the best,
    Adam
  • kavits26
    Options
    Second week of Insanity. Already noticing improvements fitness wise :) my fitness test scores improved. I'm also noticing suddle differences physically as well. The scale did scare me half to death when it seemed to have gone up 5 lbs, but I heard that could be muscle and water retention. Anyway..it gets tough sometimes, esp diet wise... but gotta keep pushing play and moving forward! ^_^
  • scoutli
    scoutli Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity after my 2nd baby was born. Got hooked and continued a 4-5 day a week maintenance program for the next 18 months. Had incredible results!! I just counted calories and allowed myself treats if they fit my daily goal.

I just had baby #3 and am 4 weeks into Insanity AGAIN!! Recovery week starts tomorrow, yay! Down 7 lbs, and have 23lbs to go. I was hoping for more of a loss the first month, but I'm hoping the muscle gained is what's keeping the scale up! Dreading month 2…it is KILLER!! I just want to sleep all day after those hour long workouts, lol. Good luck to you!!
  • mkateweis
    mkateweis Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just starting my second round. I lost 12 pounds and 7 inches off my waist. I really love this program.