Whats Food's Are good to eat when your sick?

Options
Foods without high Carbs Or Sodium?

Replies

• NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Homemade chicken soup from homemade chicken stock. Don't put any rice or noodles in it (just veggies), and it's pretty low carb.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    stick to the BRAT diet:

Bananas
    Rice
    Applesauce
    Toast (dry)

no dairy or meat

ok, i'm editing here...you said foods without high carbs or sodium but you put a question mark at the end, so i thought you were asking if that was the types of foods you were supposed to eat...but perhaps you were asking specifically for foods that are not high carbs or sodium. either way, i stick by my suggestions. :smile:
  • Teal4me
    Teal4me Posts: 104
    Options
    Oh sorry meant low carbs but thats ok thank you :)
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Honestly, eat what you feel like eating. When I'm sick (really sick, not just sniffles) I don't pay much attention to nutrition. I eat what I feel like eating. I still track my calories, but will eat up to maintenance if need be.

My go to foods when I'm not feeling well are kraft mac & cheese and my mom's chicken noodle soup
  • af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    When I'm truly sick, I can only keep carbs down. I usually eat well under calories and fat for the day even w/the carbs because the quantity I want is so much less. I eat chicken noodle or potato soup, regular or graham crackers, full calorie ginger ale.
  • Teal4me
    Teal4me Posts: 104
    Options
    Thanks Ladies