Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

General weight help

Hi,

I'm George and I'm a part time student, I went to the gym regularly throughout summer but stopped when school came back. I've recently been going back. However I need help on what to do. I'm 220 pounds, 5'11 and overweight I want to cut the fat and either tone or gain muscle. Personally think it would be better to tone then build but want a second opinion. My main question is what type of things do I need to do at the gym, like what workouts should I be doing. For example should I do one muscle a day or should I so splits (3/4 muscles a day) and what would be good to eat whilst at school and pre/post-workout. I also had protein shakes during summer and they helped recovery a lot but I would prefer not to have them. I just generally would like to have a better body image and not be conscious when I am out. If any extra details are needed I am happy to share.

All help is appreciated

Thanks George

Replies

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited January 2015
    Cut fat OR gain muscle. Choose one. For most mere mortals doing both simultaneously is not possible.
  • Cut fat OR gain muscle. Choose one. For most mere mortals doing both simultaneously is not possible.

Hahah, You are right. I guess I don't know which to pick, that's part of the problem. But for the sake of it I would say cut fat.