help I'm craving sugar what should I do

Options
does anyone have any suggestions to help against sugar cravings having a craving right now and barely making it

Replies

• flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Eat an apple.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Eat something sweet.
  • milliesc10
    Options
    When my sugar cravings hit .. I have been having an apple, squeeze of lime or lemon juice and a sprinkle of cinnamon ... Tastes a bit like cola cube sweets :)
  • Solamer
    Solamer Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My friend turned me on to bengal spice herbal tea. It's like a chai tea but it tastes sweet and completely decadent with a little bit of soy/almond/milk. It calms my sugar cravings especially before bed when they seem to be the worst. Fruit is good too, but unlike fruit, it doesn't have any sugar and I tend to crave sugar more when I'm eating more of it.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Eat something with sugar... Usually calms my sugar cravings.
  • LifeIsGoodAZ
    LifeIsGoodAZ Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sugar cravings are so, so hard. The usual...brush your teeth, chew SF gum, distract yourself, keep busy, drink lots of water. It will pass. Tomorrow your will power will be even stronger! (Going to try the tea...)
  • RabidCarrot
    RabidCarrot Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I keep slow roasted sweet potatoes sprinkled with cinnamon on hand for my sweets cravings. They do the trick for me every time.
  • jmusg0221
    jmusg0221 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're also getting enough protein; I've heard that sometimes when you're craving sugar you don't have enough protein in your diet.
  • reesrachel00
    Options
    If its at night have an early night, in the day I and I was really craving I probably would have a small piece of chocolate and still log it. I think if you stop yourself eating something then it makes you go nuts, have a little of something sweet and get it over with, theres a difference in doing that and stuffing a whole tin of chocolates. Hope it passes soon for you
  • ColdPlum
    ColdPlum Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    There is a wonderful supplement called Appecarb that helps with breaking that carb/sugar craving cycle. When you're just starting removing sugar former diet, the cravings can be pretty vicious, but after awhile its not nearly as difficult. I have found this supplement to be helpful. Its sold at my local pharmacy, but you may be able to get it online somewhere.
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Eat a spoon of sugar
  • syedsaad
    syedsaad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    eat a small choc bar