Hello ! Eating when not hungry

Options
I'm new to MyFitnessPal (or at least since December). Anyone have advice on how to stop eating when I'm not hungry? I eat out of boredom mostly.

Replies

• wataneya
    Options
    This is all of us problem !
    Being fat because of eating without hunger just feeling bored !
    Try to controll ur self by washing ur teeth , drinking water instead of eating.
    And the most important thing is dont eat alot ! Even u eat without hunger if its with ur daily calories level so its okay!
    And also eating snacks will increase the burning level in ur body .

So there is adv and disadvantige of eating without hunger
  • ShyGirl1978sm
    ShyGirl1978sm Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I eat all my emotions...boredom, stress etc. but I've (finally) given myself a kick and I'm doing something about it. Firstly, get a hobby. It's like giving up smoking, you're hands need to be busy. I've taken up cross stitching just to keepy hands out the biscuit tin lol! Also going for a walk or something is good.
    And I second the tooth brushing suggestions, that also works!
    Good luck to you!
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Do you log your food on MFP? That was the single biggest thing that helped me. I can stop myself when I realize how embarrassing my diary is going to look like when 99% of my calories are under "snacks" and it's all "Popcorn chips...popcorn...pudding cup...pudding cup..."
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Engage your mind or hands, and you won't be tempted to snack out of boredom. Get involved in a good book, learn to crochet or knit, do something active, take a bath, brush your teeth, etc. etc.
  • xstaticaddict
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to MFP. I too eat out of boredom and to feed my feelings. I just ended an unhealthy relationship and am now working on myself instead of the other person. It's hard for me to resist junk when I have it in the house so I'm cutting down on what I buy. I made big progress by putting my snacks in a bowl instead of bringing the bag to the couch. I also call friends when I'm bored so I'm not so focused on food. My goal is to lose 70 lbs.