LAST 10lbs BUT stuck, finding it hard and confused as to whats best

Options
2»

Replies

• denisegresham1
    denisegresham1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    3 day fat fast will get you going again. I have done it once in the last year, about 2 months ago when I was stalled on that last 10 pounds.
  • ttesoroni22
    Options
    I agree with Sue that strength training is what you're needing to add. Have you tried HIIT training? It's way more effective than walking, which you could still do if you enjoy it.
  • dezieg
    dezieg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try varying the amount of calories you eat each day. Your metabolism gets used to the same amount and will just adjust how much it burns. Weight Watchers has a Wendy program that you can read about online that tells you how to vary the amount you eat- high some days, normal and low some days. You basically eat the same number of calories each week, you just vary each day. It really helps me get unstuck on plateau's
  • tlharin
    tlharin Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, this is a really great thread! And supports what seems like a best-practice approach: change up your workout to shake things up, but mostly just keep at it, no gimmicks necessary.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    tlharin wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing, this is a really great thread! And supports what seems like a best-practice approach: change up your workout to shake things up, but mostly just keep at it, no gimmicks necessary.
    It really is.
  • Beanogirl
    Beanogirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is my imagination but I am 5lbs away from my original target and I feel so much hungrier now than I did before.
  • stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You calories seem just right and could potentially go higher with activity. The next question is what are your macros set at?
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    That is right about where I got stuck (low 130s). I decided to stop trying so hard and focus on my training instead. Ended up dropping down to 120 without trying. ymmv