Lost 50lbs on MFP, went off plan and gained it all back:[

Options
Looking for help with procrastinating getting back on track w mfp. Started last July, and by November was down 50 lbs. Then I had a "cheat" weekend and went off plan for the last 3 months. Now I have gained most of the 50lbs back, I feel bloated and fat, and am sooo mad at my self for not sticking with this as if I did, I would now be in month 6 and losing more weight. Ugggh, I hate not being able to get back on track after a binge dinner, day, or binge month. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    The difference between last time and this is that now you have the knowledge of all the great things that worked for you before and the insight into the things that took you off track.

Give this the dedication that it deserves and you will get the healthy lifestysle that you obviously want and deserve!

Give this 110% and you'll get the same in return. Wishing you all the best, You got this!!!!

Adam
  • shaylalaine
    shaylalaine Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 then gained back 20. im re-losing my 20 plus 30 more. Lot of hard work
  • nolookingback80
    nolookingback80 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi. Did u lose ur weight w doing any exercise? I cant get motivated to hit the gym but i see alot of ppl lost weight w out exercise!
  • LuckyStarrGal
    LuckyStarrGal Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I fell off wagon counting calories for about 9 months and 5 months ago I started working out again but I was not loosing weight but just toning. So I realize that I have to do both count my food intake and exercise to get to my goal. I've just been back three days now and realize that I don't do very well with my portions, because in just three days I feel lighter. So yes it is of my opinion that you should do some sort of exercise to help with weight loss. Also when you loose the weight you don't want to be stuck with a lot of loose skin. Happy Healthy Eating.
  • OldWomanRuns
    OldWomanRuns Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I, too, came to MFP a couple years ago - lost quite a bit, then jumped off the proverbial wagon kicking and screaming. I kept coming back and falling off - regained about 10# - but, now it is time! We Can Do This! One day at a time. If one day isn't so great in the portions or eating - the next day give it a go! Have found out the hard way, in my old age, that this is not a diet I am doing - it is LIFE. It is how we should have been eating all along! Eat consciously and enjoy every bite! Make it flavorful with spices and herbs and you will enjoy it more and keep with it!
  • StacieJones0385
    StacieJones0385 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing, but I've been eating junk food so long I can't remember what to cook..... Any help. I need a sugar detox like NOW!