Weighing

Options
How many of you don't weigh yourself but rely on your clothes and how you feel and look? I spent years obsessed with scale and I am scared to death to get on scale. So, I am losing weight but have no idea what I weigh. We are talking in terms of about twenty pounds.

Replies

• hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I tend to weigh myself fairly regularly--about 2-3 times a week, with one "official" weigh in at the weight doctor I see. But even when the numbers don't change, I can tell I'm doing right. I'm wearing a scrub set that j never have. Years ago, it was a gift, but too small. Still had the tags on it! I love shopping in my own closet lol :smiley: So while I love to see the numbers go down, it's other things that help. Like hearing "miss holly, your face looks smaller" or my boyfriend commenting I need new clothes because my pants fall down now!
  • krisinky
    Options
    Thanks, Holly
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    How your clothes fit is actually a way better indicator of weight/BF than the scale. As long as it works for you, do what you're doing :)
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Dupe post
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I tried doing that. It didn't work for me.
  • shaylalaine
    shaylalaine Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself 2x a day. It's more instant information than waiting on a clothing size
  • needconfidence
    needconfidence Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week it keeps me accountable without becoming obsessed with the scale because the day to day fluctuations of water weight can drive you insane :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    The scale number doesn't bug me, so I weigh daily, but I gauge progress by the tape measure and how clothes fit, how I look, etc.

If the scale bugs ya, definitely avoid it. I went six months without losing anything, just went up and down the same 2-3 pounds for the longest time, but I dropped a full size during that time. I kicked my scale and went out to buy smaller jeans. B)

Tape measure, comparison photos, how clothes fit is best.