Fitbit - Pros/Cons

Options
2»

Replies

• CharleneMarie723
    CharleneMarie723 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have had the Charge HR for a few days now. I love it.
    Pros
    1) Keeps me moving. I have a "friend" that I had and always try to outstep that person. Ha!
    2) I love watching the HR change. My resting HR is around 40 and I like how I can see graphs and data points throughout the day.
    3) I find it to be accurate. I took my pulse while resting, right after two minutes of jumping jacks, and right after a walk up a flight of stairs, and all 3 readings were spot on.
    4) I find the calories burned to be about accurate. I normally eat in the 22-2400 range to maintain. FitBit is telling me about that on average as well.

Cons
    1) Not waterproof- I like to swim and would like to know how strenuous of a workout I'm getting.
    2) You have to resync every time you charge it or the HR feature doesn't work
    3) FitBit still has a few bugs they are working out. I lost a HR graph for an entire day- can't seem to get it back.

Overall, I am thrilled with it. I have counted steps (731) and it recorded 723 on my way to the grocery store. I'm concerned about how long the material itself will last and hope that it wears well.
  • thepurpleleopard
    thepurpleleopard Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can't decide whether to buy the charge HR or wait for the jawbone up3
    both have good/bad points.......has anyone on here seen or used an up3?
  • adwilliams03
    adwilliams03 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    ssabby1 wrote: »
    and I love that it is waterproof. A con is that I can't control my music from the device while working out. Other than that, I think it is awesome and would highly recommend it.

As in, you can swim with it on and it tracks that activity, or you can get it wet when washing your hands and it won't damage it?

It isn't waterproof. It is water resistant. They claim you can shower in it. I don't.

Thank you!
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the FitBit One. As often as I take my regular watch off (and sometimes forget to put it back on), I'm sure I'd do the same with the wrist-mounted FitBits and end up missing a lot of steps.

But the One is nice because you can either clip it to your belt / clothing or you can just dump it in your pocket. That makes it very unobtrusive.

Beyond that, I imagine the experience is similar to any of the other FitBits out there. It's not necessarily a precision instrument, but I've found that it's accurate enough that I can use the information it provides to lose / maintain / gain as desired.

The biggest headache I had was dealing with non-FitBit-able exercises. FitBit and MFP will synch up to prevent you from double-dipping, so you just need to be sure you use accurate times when recording.
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit One. I can't wear a watch style one as I have a skin 'condition' which kills watch batteries. I find it really helps me be motivated to move more. As well, after entering my information in numerous TDEE calculators, I find that it's estimated daily calorie burn for me lines up very closely with the sites. Linking it with MFP and using it as a way to make sure I am in a deficit every day is working great for my long term fitness plan.